News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 things to watch in 2013
Predictions and forecasts are making the rounds around the Interwebz this holiday week. While some are prediction massive ad changes, one think tank believes social will be the biggest changing factor we'll see in 2013.
First, social will change. According to L2 the biggest change in the social space will be which social networks are important. In 2012, it was all about Facebook and Twitter, but their experts believe Twitter may lose some relevance while newcomer Pinterest may make significant gains. YouTube and user-generated content, they believe, will also be strong factors for 2013.
Second, look for less defined 'online' and 'offline' spaces. L2's experts also believe the lines between offline and online - especially for retail - will blur. As shown during the 2012 holidays, shoppers in-store increasingly used mobile devices to find coupons, price-check and even buy products. This trend, experts believe, will not only continue but will grow throughout 2013.
Although final 2012 holiday ecommerce numbers aren't out yet, through the Christmas holiday, shoppers had spent more than $30 billion online. Three individual days surpassed the billion dollar mark. That, L2's experts believe, is foreshadowing the true growth market for retailers - the online space. M:Commerce will also become a bigger player, they believe. More than 20% of 'e' sales are expected to be completed via tablet device in 2013.
Finally - and related to the ecommerce trend - L2's experts believe Amazon will make a move into the luxury space. The world's largest retailer has, to date, focused on more cheaply delivered products. But in 2013, some believe Amazon will adjust their focus to the 'prestige' brands, catering to luxury-minded consumers as well as bargain hunters.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...