News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 things to watch in 2013
Predictions and forecasts are making the rounds around the Interwebz this holiday week. While some are prediction massive ad changes, one think tank believes social will be the biggest changing factor we'll see in 2013.
First, social will change. According to L2 the biggest change in the social space will be which social networks are important. In 2012, it was all about Facebook and Twitter, but their experts believe Twitter may lose some relevance while newcomer Pinterest may make significant gains. YouTube and user-generated content, they believe, will also be strong factors for 2013.
Second, look for less defined 'online' and 'offline' spaces. L2's experts also believe the lines between offline and online - especially for retail - will blur. As shown during the 2012 holidays, shoppers in-store increasingly used mobile devices to find coupons, price-check and even buy products. This trend, experts believe, will not only continue but will grow throughout 2013.
Although final 2012 holiday ecommerce numbers aren't out yet, through the Christmas holiday, shoppers had spent more than $30 billion online. Three individual days surpassed the billion dollar mark. That, L2's experts believe, is foreshadowing the true growth market for retailers - the online space. M:Commerce will also become a bigger player, they believe. More than 20% of 'e' sales are expected to be completed via tablet device in 2013.
Finally - and related to the ecommerce trend - L2's experts believe Amazon will make a move into the luxury space. The world's largest retailer has, to date, focused on more cheaply delivered products. But in 2013, some believe Amazon will adjust their focus to the 'prestige' brands, catering to luxury-minded consumers as well as bargain hunters.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....