News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 things to watch in 2013
Predictions and forecasts are making the rounds around the Interwebz this holiday week. While some are prediction massive ad changes, one think tank believes social will be the biggest changing factor we'll see in 2013.
First, social will change. According to L2 the biggest change in the social space will be which social networks are important. In 2012, it was all about Facebook and Twitter, but their experts believe Twitter may lose some relevance while newcomer Pinterest may make significant gains. YouTube and user-generated content, they believe, will also be strong factors for 2013.
Second, look for less defined 'online' and 'offline' spaces. L2's experts also believe the lines between offline and online - especially for retail - will blur. As shown during the 2012 holidays, shoppers in-store increasingly used mobile devices to find coupons, price-check and even buy products. This trend, experts believe, will not only continue but will grow throughout 2013.
Although final 2012 holiday ecommerce numbers aren't out yet, through the Christmas holiday, shoppers had spent more than $30 billion online. Three individual days surpassed the billion dollar mark. That, L2's experts believe, is foreshadowing the true growth market for retailers - the online space. M:Commerce will also become a bigger player, they believe. More than 20% of 'e' sales are expected to be completed via tablet device in 2013.
Finally - and related to the ecommerce trend - L2's experts believe Amazon will make a move into the luxury space. The world's largest retailer has, to date, focused on more cheaply delivered products. But in 2013, some believe Amazon will adjust their focus to the 'prestige' brands, catering to luxury-minded consumers as well as bargain hunters.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...