News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 things to watch in 2013
Predictions and forecasts are making the rounds around the Interwebz this holiday week. While some are prediction massive ad changes, one think tank believes social will be the biggest changing factor we'll see in 2013.
First, social will change. According to L2 the biggest change in the social space will be which social networks are important. In 2012, it was all about Facebook and Twitter, but their experts believe Twitter may lose some relevance while newcomer Pinterest may make significant gains. YouTube and user-generated content, they believe, will also be strong factors for 2013.
Second, look for less defined 'online' and 'offline' spaces. L2's experts also believe the lines between offline and online - especially for retail - will blur. As shown during the 2012 holidays, shoppers in-store increasingly used mobile devices to find coupons, price-check and even buy products. This trend, experts believe, will not only continue but will grow throughout 2013.
Although final 2012 holiday ecommerce numbers aren't out yet, through the Christmas holiday, shoppers had spent more than $30 billion online. Three individual days surpassed the billion dollar mark. That, L2's experts believe, is foreshadowing the true growth market for retailers - the online space. M:Commerce will also become a bigger player, they believe. More than 20% of 'e' sales are expected to be completed via tablet device in 2013.
Finally - and related to the ecommerce trend - L2's experts believe Amazon will make a move into the luxury space. The world's largest retailer has, to date, focused on more cheaply delivered products. But in 2013, some believe Amazon will adjust their focus to the 'prestige' brands, catering to luxury-minded consumers as well as bargain hunters.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...