News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Teens use Tumblr more than Facebook
Teenagers, and investors alike, have been showing great interest in Tumblr. Recent research has revealed that social network and blogging platform is now used more than Facebook among young adults.
Founded in 2007, Tumblr now boasts over 89.5 million blogs and over 40 billion posts. The site's tens of millions of registered users create over 120,000 new blogs every day resulting in some 18 billion page views each month.
While those figures pale in comparison to Facebook's volume of users and status update count, there is one Tumblr statistic that might surprise, found Y Combinator start-up Survata. Their survey of 1,038 young adults, split equally between the age groups 13-18 and 19-25, found Tumblr was the most-used out of major sites including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
Fifty-nine percent of those between the ages of 13 and 25 said they use Tumblr regularly compared to 54% who said they use Facebook regularly. Among the younger of the two age groups, the percentage who said they use Tumblr regularly rises to 61% compared with 55% who said they use Facebook regularly.
One in five respondents between 13 and 25 said they use Twitter regularly, followed by 16% for Instagram and 9% for Snapchat.
Advertising on Tumblr is subtle - no banner ads or social ads. Instead, 'sponsors', as advertisers are referred to, are presented via Tumblr's Radar feed, as well as front and center in their Spotlight feature.
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....