News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Teens use Tumblr more than Facebook
Teenagers, and investors alike, have been showing great interest in Tumblr. Recent research has revealed that social network and blogging platform is now used more than Facebook among young adults.
Founded in 2007, Tumblr now boasts over 89.5 million blogs and over 40 billion posts. The site's tens of millions of registered users create over 120,000 new blogs every day resulting in some 18 billion page views each month.
While those figures pale in comparison to Facebook's volume of users and status update count, there is one Tumblr statistic that might surprise, found Y Combinator start-up Survata. Their survey of 1,038 young adults, split equally between the age groups 13-18 and 19-25, found Tumblr was the most-used out of major sites including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat.
Fifty-nine percent of those between the ages of 13 and 25 said they use Tumblr regularly compared to 54% who said they use Facebook regularly. Among the younger of the two age groups, the percentage who said they use Tumblr regularly rises to 61% compared with 55% who said they use Facebook regularly.
One in five respondents between 13 and 25 said they use Twitter regularly, followed by 16% for Instagram and 9% for Snapchat.
Advertising on Tumblr is subtle - no banner ads or social ads. Instead, 'sponsors', as advertisers are referred to, are presented via Tumblr's Radar feed, as well as front and center in their Spotlight feature.
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...