News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Shoppers looking to mobile for deals
More than $30 billion was spent online over the 2012 holiday season, and a bulk of that shopping was done via mobile. Most shoppers continue to finalize online buys via laptop or desktop computer, but a growing number are using mobile in-store and those shoppers want even more from mobile in the future.
According to new data out from GfKRoper and SapientNitro 80% of smartphone owners used their mobile devices to aid shopping purchases over the 2012 holidays - more than have ever accessed mobile for shopping in the past. Other interesting findings include:
• 8 in 10 accessed mobile to research or browse products, a 15% increase Year over Year (YoY)
• 74% completed a purchase via mobile over the holidays, a 19% increase YoY
• 62% used retailer email offers, up 17% YoY
• 56% looked to customer review/ratings to make a purchase decision, up 16% YoY
In October, comScore reported smartphone penetration reached 55% in the EU5; in the US nearly 52% of adults were believed to have a smartphone (October). That is just over 121 million. About half of those people either used mobile browsers or downloaded apps during the reporting period.
Motorola, which has an 11% share of the mobile market according to comScore, reports that younger shoppers (64% of Millennials and 52% of Gen Xers) are most likely to use mobiles for shopping; only about one-third of Boomers use mobiles to shop, according to their user poll. Their reasons for using mobiles to shop include:
• Mobiles are 'better connected' than retail workers - 46% of Millennials, 38% of Gen Xers
• Mobiles are better at finding information than retail workers - 46% of Millennials, 36% of Gen Xers
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...