News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: PowerPoints still beat Whiteboards for sales convos
When it comes to online presentations and sales, PowerPoint continues to reign. According to a new survey out from Corporate Visions whiteboards are only used about 13% of the time for sales conversations (B2B) even though whiteboards have been shown as more interactive. Comparatively, 33% say they use PowerPoints.
Meanwhile, more than half of those surveyed recently by Aberdeen Group said 'creating meaningful conversations' was a top priority for their business. That study also found whiteboards were considered to lead to a 50% higher lead conversion rate and to be nearly one-third faster to productivity.
Still, Corporate Visions found only 13% using whiteboards regularly. Of those using whiteboards about half say they're created 'ad-hoc' or borrowed from peers. Less than one-quarter say the whiteboards are created and approved by a marketing department.
"It's clear from the results of this survey that visual storytelling techniques like whiteboarding are alarmingly underutilized by both marketing and sales teams," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer, Corporate Visions. "87 percent of today's companies are using static techniques, rather than having intimate and visually interactive conversations, which is just what whiteboarding allows companies to do. Marketing and sales teams need to work together to create pre-built whiteboards that are going to differentiate themselves in the sales cycle, which in turn, will help them close more deals."
When whiteboards are created collaboratively between sales staffs and marketing department, there is a better chance for the overall brand message to remain intact. Also of interest from the report, whiteboards:
• Are used by 25% to differentiate between competition
• Are used by 17% to illustrate impact
• Are used by 8% for demand generation
• Are used by 6% to explain implementation options
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...