News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Big data still not a solution for many brands
As more and more data becomes available for marketers, the burdens of message clarity and campaign performance are not easing. That according to a new survey out from Neolane and the Direct Marketing Association. Their research shows many brands still aren't handling big data well; in fact, many struggle to make the data offered a workable solution.
"It is clear that our increasingly data-driven world is reshaping how marketers engage consumers," said Linda A. Woolley, DMA's acting president and CEO. "However, it is also clear that when it comes to the new rules and regulations of marketing data governance - most organizations simply are not prepared. DMA is the one source for the most current information about what is happening on the legislative and regulatory front. We provide advice and counsel to members - and the most effective information and guidance on best practices, data governance and compliance."
According to the report:
• 50% of marketing department say 'skill sets are changing'; many are considering hiring Data Scientists to bridge the data gap
• Less than one-quarter (23%) say they're using location based mobile data
• More than half (62%) are using social media data including profile IDs and interests,
• 62% are also using data from social media posts, shares and comments
"Our survey shows that marketers are relying more on social media vehicles and location-based information to gain more insight into consumer behavior and drive successful digital marketing campaigns," said Stephan Dietrich, president, Neolane, Inc. "While some organizations are planning to hire Data Scientists to manage customer data, not all have that luxury. Regardless of resources, all organizations need to consider a marketing technology platform that can both manage and analyze critical data. While having the right people and processes in place is essential, with the right technology marketers can independently derive value from Big Data to drive successful campaigns and immediate ROI."
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...