News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SuperBowl enhancing TV options
With the SuperBowl just over a week away, brands have put the finishing touches on their ads, retailers are pushing television sales and online content hubs are gearing up for a lot of traffic. How is the SuperBowl shaping up for viewers?
Mobile screens will be alive and well throughout the SuperBowl. As with the 2012 London Olympics, experts believe viewers will be multi-tasking - Tweeting and Status Updating as their favorite players score, tackle and kick...and as their favorite brands take center stage with clever advertising spots.
But not all the attention is going to mobile and online screens. Looking ahead to the SuperBowl many viewers are looking at enhancing their television screens, as well.
According to new data out from BuyVia most SuperBowl viewers are looking for more definition - but not necessarily more connection. Their survey found that the majority of SuperBowl viewers are looking for larger television screens, most upwards of 55 inches, but very few have looked into Smart or LED TVs.
"When it comes to pre-Super Bowl purchases, clearly bigger is better," said Norman Fong, CEO and co-founder of BuyVia. "Whether consumers are searching online or in stores 'showrooming' and scanning TVs for price comparisons, the 55 inch TV is king this year. Of TV manufacturers, the majority of searches were for Samsung TVs over other very reputable consumer electronic companies, including LG and Toshiba. Samsung remains the leader in TVs due to their aggressive pricing, high quality, superior design along with a strong feature list."
Other interesting findings include:
• Samsung 55" 3D LED TV is the most scanned TV barcode
• Only 5% of TV barcode scans have been for Smart or LED TV
• Less than 5% of scans have been for Plasma TVs
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
- Latest mobile network tests find Vodafone wanting
- Ad Roundup: Sales tools and caller response
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...