News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SuperBowl enhancing TV options
With the SuperBowl just over a week away, brands have put the finishing touches on their ads, retailers are pushing television sales and online content hubs are gearing up for a lot of traffic. How is the SuperBowl shaping up for viewers?
Mobile screens will be alive and well throughout the SuperBowl. As with the 2012 London Olympics, experts believe viewers will be multi-tasking - Tweeting and Status Updating as their favorite players score, tackle and kick...and as their favorite brands take center stage with clever advertising spots.
But not all the attention is going to mobile and online screens. Looking ahead to the SuperBowl many viewers are looking at enhancing their television screens, as well.
According to new data out from BuyVia most SuperBowl viewers are looking for more definition - but not necessarily more connection. Their survey found that the majority of SuperBowl viewers are looking for larger television screens, most upwards of 55 inches, but very few have looked into Smart or LED TVs.
"When it comes to pre-Super Bowl purchases, clearly bigger is better," said Norman Fong, CEO and co-founder of BuyVia. "Whether consumers are searching online or in stores 'showrooming' and scanning TVs for price comparisons, the 55 inch TV is king this year. Of TV manufacturers, the majority of searches were for Samsung TVs over other very reputable consumer electronic companies, including LG and Toshiba. Samsung remains the leader in TVs due to their aggressive pricing, high quality, superior design along with a strong feature list."
Other interesting findings include:
• Samsung 55" 3D LED TV is the most scanned TV barcode
• Only 5% of TV barcode scans have been for Smart or LED TV
• Less than 5% of scans have been for Plasma TVs
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...