News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SuperBowl enhancing TV options
With the SuperBowl just over a week away, brands have put the finishing touches on their ads, retailers are pushing television sales and online content hubs are gearing up for a lot of traffic. How is the SuperBowl shaping up for viewers?
Mobile screens will be alive and well throughout the SuperBowl. As with the 2012 London Olympics, experts believe viewers will be multi-tasking - Tweeting and Status Updating as their favorite players score, tackle and kick...and as their favorite brands take center stage with clever advertising spots.
But not all the attention is going to mobile and online screens. Looking ahead to the SuperBowl many viewers are looking at enhancing their television screens, as well.
According to new data out from BuyVia most SuperBowl viewers are looking for more definition - but not necessarily more connection. Their survey found that the majority of SuperBowl viewers are looking for larger television screens, most upwards of 55 inches, but very few have looked into Smart or LED TVs.
"When it comes to pre-Super Bowl purchases, clearly bigger is better," said Norman Fong, CEO and co-founder of BuyVia. "Whether consumers are searching online or in stores 'showrooming' and scanning TVs for price comparisons, the 55 inch TV is king this year. Of TV manufacturers, the majority of searches were for Samsung TVs over other very reputable consumer electronic companies, including LG and Toshiba. Samsung remains the leader in TVs due to their aggressive pricing, high quality, superior design along with a strong feature list."
Other interesting findings include:
• Samsung 55" 3D LED TV is the most scanned TV barcode
• Only 5% of TV barcode scans have been for Smart or LED TV
• Less than 5% of scans have been for Plasma TVs
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...