News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobiles are searching, clicking
Mobile consumers aren't only direct-navigating any longer. In the early days of the mobile web, many would direct navigate to websites because it was simpler than querying a search engine. But as the mobile web - and mobile screens - have grown, more people are searching and surfing through mobiles.
According to new data out from Marin Software brands are paying attention to mobile trends, and are now pushing more ad dollars at paid search via tablet than via smartphone (Q4 2012).
"Overall, tablets and smartphones accounted for a 22% share of paid search clicks with smartphones edging out tablets in click volume. However, advertisers invested more on tablets overall," said Matt Lawson, vice president of marketing and partnerships at Marin Software. "Due to the form factor of tablets, consumers find it easier to shop and transact, leading to higher conversion rates on tablets than smartphones and more competition for clicks. We expect the trend to continue as the number of tablets in the marketplace increases and as advertisers continue to optimize their campaigns for these devices."
Before Q4 2012, tablet search spending was below smartphone search spending; it's interesting to note that smartphone owners still outnumber tablet owners by about two to one.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Thanksgiving Weekend + Cyber Monday accounted for 8% of the tablet search spend for 2012
• 24% increase in click volume, 14% increase in cost-per-click 10% decrease in CTR (Q4 2012) through Google
• 25% increase in click volume, 22% CPC increase, 13% CTR increase (Q4 2012) via Yahoo/Bing
- Study: Mobile users want home screen options
- What's a CDO and why does your brand need one?
- Report: In social the ladies rule the world
- Research reveals consumers juggle multiple devices throughout the day
- Getty Images makes millions of images free to embed
- Americans abandon purchases in-store after 8 minutes waiting in line
- Euclid: February sales less than lovely
- How BrightTag re-engaged shoppers
Featured White Papers
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....