News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobiles are searching, clicking
Mobile consumers aren't only direct-navigating any longer. In the early days of the mobile web, many would direct navigate to websites because it was simpler than querying a search engine. But as the mobile web - and mobile screens - have grown, more people are searching and surfing through mobiles.
According to new data out from Marin Software brands are paying attention to mobile trends, and are now pushing more ad dollars at paid search via tablet than via smartphone (Q4 2012).
"Overall, tablets and smartphones accounted for a 22% share of paid search clicks with smartphones edging out tablets in click volume. However, advertisers invested more on tablets overall," said Matt Lawson, vice president of marketing and partnerships at Marin Software. "Due to the form factor of tablets, consumers find it easier to shop and transact, leading to higher conversion rates on tablets than smartphones and more competition for clicks. We expect the trend to continue as the number of tablets in the marketplace increases and as advertisers continue to optimize their campaigns for these devices."
Before Q4 2012, tablet search spending was below smartphone search spending; it's interesting to note that smartphone owners still outnumber tablet owners by about two to one.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Thanksgiving Weekend + Cyber Monday accounted for 8% of the tablet search spend for 2012
• 24% increase in click volume, 14% increase in cost-per-click 10% decrease in CTR (Q4 2012) through Google
• 25% increase in click volume, 22% CPC increase, 13% CTR increase (Q4 2012) via Yahoo/Bing
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...