News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers more engaged, less understanding of online business
When it comes to online engagement, consumers seem to be engaging more deeply with content and brands online. The thing is, many people are still mystified by the actual working of the internet. For example, new data out from The Search Agency and Harris Interactive shows an abundance of people believe search engines 'charge dues'.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 Online User Behavior and Engagement Study:
• 70% know how to 'post to a wall' on Facebook
• 54% know how Facebook makes money
• 22% say they click search ads overall, 29% of Southerners click paid search ads, 19% of Westerners and 17% of Midwesterners
"This Study illuminates the distinct differences between online behavior and understanding based on various demographics; smart marketers will consider these and other behaviors when creating their strategies to engage the right user at the right time," said Keith Wilson, vice president, agency products at The Search Agency. "And, as users get more social, their intent will become even more visible to marketers - these insights can be used to construct the most personalized and, ultimately, successful online marketing strategies."
The study further found that more than one-third of those surveyed believe search engines are selling user information to marketers; just under one-third (29%) say companies 'pay dues' to use search and 20% say users must pay for 'premium search features'.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...