News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers more engaged, less understanding of online business
When it comes to online engagement, consumers seem to be engaging more deeply with content and brands online. The thing is, many people are still mystified by the actual working of the internet. For example, new data out from The Search Agency and Harris Interactive shows an abundance of people believe search engines 'charge dues'.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 Online User Behavior and Engagement Study:
• 70% know how to 'post to a wall' on Facebook
• 54% know how Facebook makes money
• 22% say they click search ads overall, 29% of Southerners click paid search ads, 19% of Westerners and 17% of Midwesterners
"This Study illuminates the distinct differences between online behavior and understanding based on various demographics; smart marketers will consider these and other behaviors when creating their strategies to engage the right user at the right time," said Keith Wilson, vice president, agency products at The Search Agency. "And, as users get more social, their intent will become even more visible to marketers - these insights can be used to construct the most personalized and, ultimately, successful online marketing strategies."
The study further found that more than one-third of those surveyed believe search engines are selling user information to marketers; just under one-third (29%) say companies 'pay dues' to use search and 20% say users must pay for 'premium search features'.
- Ad Roundup: New tools to track, serve ads
- How to maximize your content marketing strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Payment solutions and an email idea
- How for-profits can capitalize with non-profit strategy
- Study IDs most important shopper for retailers
- Study: Consumers text for customer support
- Study IDs what Apple Watch users are really up to
- Top 3 tips for better triggered emails
Featured White Papers
- Use Social Data To Improve Your Social Marketing Maturity
We all have social data - and lots of it. But are you using it effectively? A brand's social data...