News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile Europeans want information, shopping
New data out from comScore underlines how mobile consumers in different regions of the world are engaging across the mobile space. In most cases, it seems mobile consumers are quite similar - accessing specific types of information via mobile and using mobile devices to enhance the in-store experience.
comScore researchers studied how the Spanish were engaged via mobile (November 2012). The most popular pastimes for Spanish mobile consumers aren't so different from their American counterparts. Most are looking for information (62.6%). However, more than one-third of Spaniards are also checking weather (35%) and checking mobile maps (33.1%) while just under one-third are using mobile search (31.8%) and accessing sports information (30.5%).
Meanwhile, French mobile consumers are looking for more inside stores than a new pair of jeans. According to comScore data while in-store, mobile consumers are texting pictures to friends, taking product pictures and researching product features. From 2011 to 2012, researchers found 35% more French, in-store consumers sending images to friends family, found 33% more consumers taking product pictures and 31% more people researching products via mobile.
French shoppers are also comparing prices via mobile (31% increase YoY) and texting/calling about specific products (31% increase YoY).
Smartphone penetration in the EU5, which includes France and Spain, is now over 50%. Spain and France are leading the way; in Spain more than 63% of consumers have smartphones while just over 50% of French consumers do.
This kind of information can be helpful to retailers and other online business owners; knowing how consumers in different regions are engaging across the online and mobile spaces can determine a better strategy for engaging those shoppers.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...