News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile Europeans want information, shopping
New data out from comScore underlines how mobile consumers in different regions of the world are engaging across the mobile space. In most cases, it seems mobile consumers are quite similar - accessing specific types of information via mobile and using mobile devices to enhance the in-store experience.
comScore researchers studied how the Spanish were engaged via mobile (November 2012). The most popular pastimes for Spanish mobile consumers aren't so different from their American counterparts. Most are looking for information (62.6%). However, more than one-third of Spaniards are also checking weather (35%) and checking mobile maps (33.1%) while just under one-third are using mobile search (31.8%) and accessing sports information (30.5%).
Meanwhile, French mobile consumers are looking for more inside stores than a new pair of jeans. According to comScore data while in-store, mobile consumers are texting pictures to friends, taking product pictures and researching product features. From 2011 to 2012, researchers found 35% more French, in-store consumers sending images to friends family, found 33% more consumers taking product pictures and 31% more people researching products via mobile.
French shoppers are also comparing prices via mobile (31% increase YoY) and texting/calling about specific products (31% increase YoY).
Smartphone penetration in the EU5, which includes France and Spain, is now over 50%. Spain and France are leading the way; in Spain more than 63% of consumers have smartphones while just over 50% of French consumers do.
This kind of information can be helpful to retailers and other online business owners; knowing how consumers in different regions are engaging across the online and mobile spaces can determine a better strategy for engaging those shoppers.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...