News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile Europeans want information, shopping
New data out from comScore underlines how mobile consumers in different regions of the world are engaging across the mobile space. In most cases, it seems mobile consumers are quite similar - accessing specific types of information via mobile and using mobile devices to enhance the in-store experience.
comScore researchers studied how the Spanish were engaged via mobile (November 2012). The most popular pastimes for Spanish mobile consumers aren't so different from their American counterparts. Most are looking for information (62.6%). However, more than one-third of Spaniards are also checking weather (35%) and checking mobile maps (33.1%) while just under one-third are using mobile search (31.8%) and accessing sports information (30.5%).
Meanwhile, French mobile consumers are looking for more inside stores than a new pair of jeans. According to comScore data while in-store, mobile consumers are texting pictures to friends, taking product pictures and researching product features. From 2011 to 2012, researchers found 35% more French, in-store consumers sending images to friends family, found 33% more consumers taking product pictures and 31% more people researching products via mobile.
French shoppers are also comparing prices via mobile (31% increase YoY) and texting/calling about specific products (31% increase YoY).
Smartphone penetration in the EU5, which includes France and Spain, is now over 50%. Spain and France are leading the way; in Spain more than 63% of consumers have smartphones while just over 50% of French consumers do.
This kind of information can be helpful to retailers and other online business owners; knowing how consumers in different regions are engaging across the online and mobile spaces can determine a better strategy for engaging those shoppers.
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...