News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile Europeans want information, shopping
New data out from comScore underlines how mobile consumers in different regions of the world are engaging across the mobile space. In most cases, it seems mobile consumers are quite similar - accessing specific types of information via mobile and using mobile devices to enhance the in-store experience.
comScore researchers studied how the Spanish were engaged via mobile (November 2012). The most popular pastimes for Spanish mobile consumers aren't so different from their American counterparts. Most are looking for information (62.6%). However, more than one-third of Spaniards are also checking weather (35%) and checking mobile maps (33.1%) while just under one-third are using mobile search (31.8%) and accessing sports information (30.5%).
Meanwhile, French mobile consumers are looking for more inside stores than a new pair of jeans. According to comScore data while in-store, mobile consumers are texting pictures to friends, taking product pictures and researching product features. From 2011 to 2012, researchers found 35% more French, in-store consumers sending images to friends family, found 33% more consumers taking product pictures and 31% more people researching products via mobile.
French shoppers are also comparing prices via mobile (31% increase YoY) and texting/calling about specific products (31% increase YoY).
Smartphone penetration in the EU5, which includes France and Spain, is now over 50%. Spain and France are leading the way; in Spain more than 63% of consumers have smartphones while just over 50% of French consumers do.
This kind of information can be helpful to retailers and other online business owners; knowing how consumers in different regions are engaging across the online and mobile spaces can determine a better strategy for engaging those shoppers.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...