News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile Europeans want information, shopping
New data out from comScore underlines how mobile consumers in different regions of the world are engaging across the mobile space. In most cases, it seems mobile consumers are quite similar - accessing specific types of information via mobile and using mobile devices to enhance the in-store experience.
comScore researchers studied how the Spanish were engaged via mobile (November 2012). The most popular pastimes for Spanish mobile consumers aren't so different from their American counterparts. Most are looking for information (62.6%). However, more than one-third of Spaniards are also checking weather (35%) and checking mobile maps (33.1%) while just under one-third are using mobile search (31.8%) and accessing sports information (30.5%).
Meanwhile, French mobile consumers are looking for more inside stores than a new pair of jeans. According to comScore data while in-store, mobile consumers are texting pictures to friends, taking product pictures and researching product features. From 2011 to 2012, researchers found 35% more French, in-store consumers sending images to friends family, found 33% more consumers taking product pictures and 31% more people researching products via mobile.
French shoppers are also comparing prices via mobile (31% increase YoY) and texting/calling about specific products (31% increase YoY).
Smartphone penetration in the EU5, which includes France and Spain, is now over 50%. Spain and France are leading the way; in Spain more than 63% of consumers have smartphones while just over 50% of French consumers do.
This kind of information can be helpful to retailers and other online business owners; knowing how consumers in different regions are engaging across the online and mobile spaces can determine a better strategy for engaging those shoppers.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...