News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Nearly half of emails opened via mobile
New data out from Experian Marketing Services underlines the importance of mobile optimization for email marketers: 44% of emails are now opened on a mobile device.
Don't forget mobile when developing an email strategy. That, according to new data out from Experian which notes that 44% of email opens are now thanks to a mobile device. Having emails optimized for mobile screens is not only important, it can be crucial to campaign success.
"We are seeing more email marketers testing new engagement strategies to expand their reach into other marketing channels," said Peter DeNunzio, general manager at Experian Marketing Services' CheetahMail. "Insights from this market study not only confirm that email is still a very strong performer, but it is also a spearhead in the progression towards true cross-channel optimization."
Other interesting findings include:
• 52% of marketers surveyed report they use animated GIF files in email campaigns
• 78% use sales associates to collect email addresses
• Email continues to push web traffic and revenue
• Survey completion rates are up, regardless of the incentive used
Just over half (53%) of those surveyed are multichannel retailers.
Meanwhile, new data out from eMarketer indicates mobile is also a growing hub for online purchases. According to their report mobile sales increased by more than 80% in 2012 and should increase about 55% in 2013; researchers suggest mobile commerce will represent about 15% of all retail ecommerce by the end of 2013.
"This year, US consumers will spend $24 billion shopping on their tablets, and that figure will nearly double by 2015. Mcommerce sales on smartphones are lower and will grow more slowly, reaching $13.44 billion this year and $24.32 billion by 2016. Purchases on other mobile devices, such as ereaders, will continue to make up a small but steady share of the mcommerce pie," writes the company.
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
- U.S. mobile users spent 70 hours using apps in June this year
- 92% of top UK retailers use social media
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...