News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile driving nearly 25% of paid search clicks
Mobile is becoming a driving force in the paid search realm, especially with consumers using tablet. According to The Search Agency's new State of Paid Search (Q4 2012), mobile (smartphones and tablets) are now pushing about 23% of paid search clicks.
That is an increase of 89% Year over Year (YoY). Tablets, especially, are getting notice. According to The Search Agency's report the tablet share of clicks increased 16% from Q3 2012 to Q4 2012 and doubled YoY.
"With ongoing advancements and multiple lower priced tablet options being introduced into the market, it's no surprise traffic on these devices continues to increase," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "But, while our advertisers' spend on mobile and tablets is increasing, it's not at the expense of desktop. In fact, data shows that desktop searches remained level over the last two quarters, underscoring the trend that search is steadily growing overall....The holidays brought on big numbers in mobile retail searches but we saw click volume decrease overall - possibly because of uncertainty from the presidential election and the natural disasters that affected the Northeast."
Other interesting findings include:
• Total search spending increased 11% YoY for Q4 2012
• Google continues to lead traditional search and holds nearly 26% of mobile search clicks
• Product Listings Ads were responsible for nearly 15% of search spending on Google, a 236% increase Quarter to Quarter
• Retail click share (mobile) increased more than 10% YoY but retail click volume decreased by 6%
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...