News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Mobile driving nearly 25% of paid search clicks
Mobile is becoming a driving force in the paid search realm, especially with consumers using tablet. According to The Search Agency's new State of Paid Search (Q4 2012), mobile (smartphones and tablets) are now pushing about 23% of paid search clicks.
That is an increase of 89% Year over Year (YoY). Tablets, especially, are getting notice. According to The Search Agency's report the tablet share of clicks increased 16% from Q3 2012 to Q4 2012 and doubled YoY.
"With ongoing advancements and multiple lower priced tablet options being introduced into the market, it's no surprise traffic on these devices continues to increase," said Keith Wilson, vice president of agency products at The Search Agency. "But, while our advertisers' spend on mobile and tablets is increasing, it's not at the expense of desktop. In fact, data shows that desktop searches remained level over the last two quarters, underscoring the trend that search is steadily growing overall....The holidays brought on big numbers in mobile retail searches but we saw click volume decrease overall - possibly because of uncertainty from the presidential election and the natural disasters that affected the Northeast."
Other interesting findings include:
• Total search spending increased 11% YoY for Q4 2012
• Google continues to lead traditional search and holds nearly 26% of mobile search clicks
• Product Listings Ads were responsible for nearly 15% of search spending on Google, a 236% increase Quarter to Quarter
• Retail click share (mobile) increased more than 10% YoY but retail click volume decreased by 6%
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....