News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Global paid search up 18% YoY
Look for search marketing to continue holding strong across the global marketing space. According to new data out from Covario the global search spend increased by 18% in 2012. One interesting change is that more ad dollars are being pushed into mobile search.
The mobile search spend increased by about 30% in Q4 2012/YoY.
"The year-over-year balance in impressions, clicks, and costs demonstrates growth in the search universe in conjunction with a small increase in both CTRs (click-through rates) and CPCs," said Alex Funk, Covario Director of Performance Media and author of the report. "However, the quarter-on-quarter trends for impressions, clicks and costs paint a somewhat different picture that may not be indicative of the entire market."
The North American spend (US and Canada) showed a 21% YoY increase in spending while Europe saw a 10% increase in search spending. Other interesting findings include:
• Google holds an 86% market share globally, ad spending on Google saw a 13% increase
• Yahoo/Bing holds an 8% market share and saw spending increase by 23% YoY
• Baidu now accounts for about 5% of the global PPC spend with impressions at more than 20% (Globally)
Baidu, Funk notes, has up to an 80% market share in China and saw spending increase by more than 50% YoY.
Funk suggests search spending will increase by more than 15% through 2013; his research outlines Latin America as a large growth region as more of their consumer base goes online.
Meanwhile, tablets now make up the bulk of mobile search spending (64%). Funk points to tablet users' newfound shopping affinity and notes that in 2012 the mobile search spend showed a smartphone share of 56%.
- Ad Roundup: Video, content tools launched
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...