News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Global paid search up 18% YoY
Look for search marketing to continue holding strong across the global marketing space. According to new data out from Covario the global search spend increased by 18% in 2012. One interesting change is that more ad dollars are being pushed into mobile search.
The mobile search spend increased by about 30% in Q4 2012/YoY.
"The year-over-year balance in impressions, clicks, and costs demonstrates growth in the search universe in conjunction with a small increase in both CTRs (click-through rates) and CPCs," said Alex Funk, Covario Director of Performance Media and author of the report. "However, the quarter-on-quarter trends for impressions, clicks and costs paint a somewhat different picture that may not be indicative of the entire market."
The North American spend (US and Canada) showed a 21% YoY increase in spending while Europe saw a 10% increase in search spending. Other interesting findings include:
• Google holds an 86% market share globally, ad spending on Google saw a 13% increase
• Yahoo/Bing holds an 8% market share and saw spending increase by 23% YoY
• Baidu now accounts for about 5% of the global PPC spend with impressions at more than 20% (Globally)
Baidu, Funk notes, has up to an 80% market share in China and saw spending increase by more than 50% YoY.
Funk suggests search spending will increase by more than 15% through 2013; his research outlines Latin America as a large growth region as more of their consumer base goes online.
Meanwhile, tablets now make up the bulk of mobile search spending (64%). Funk points to tablet users' newfound shopping affinity and notes that in 2012 the mobile search spend showed a smartphone share of 56%.
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
- Study: Service virtualization can reduce risk
- Survey: Solo-preneurs on the rise
- Ad Roundup: Data, funding and a new video unit
- Retailers: Customer experience also about employees
- 3 Questions with Returnly
- Research reveals significant increase in online shopping
- Telehealth: Convenience driving interest in visiting a doctor via video
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....