News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Facebook tops Global Brands List - again
How does Brand A stack up against Brand B on a global scale? New data out from General Sentiment offers insight into how consumers feel about certain brands. Among the winners: Facebook, Apple and Amazon. Among the losers: Zurich Insurance, Abbott Laboratories and AES Corporation.
Knowing how brands are seen from a consumer perspective can determine the strategy of marketing campaigns and, in some cases, can determine if a brand can be saved from bad feelings. Among the top findings: Facebook is the leading global brand generating more than $750 million in Impact Media Value. Other hot brands include:
• Google - $558 million in Impact Media Value
• Amazon - $480 million in Impact Media Value
• Apple - $444 million in Impact Media Value
"Quarter after quarter, the technology brands top the list. After entering the rankings last quarter, Facebook managed to remain on top, and the top five was still dominated by the tech giants," said Pete Moran, CEO of General Sentiment. "However, this quarter, we saw a bit of a shake-up as Apple slipped to fourth, and Adobe and Intel climbed into the top ten."
On the flip side, topping the list of global brands with Perception Media Value are:
• Chevron, which announced it would move 800 jobs from California to Houston, Texas
• Viacom, making a last minute deal with Cablevision so as not to lose television programming
• Zurich Insurance fell in the rankings of PMV because of estimated claims of $700 million from damages due to SuperStorm Sandy
Perceived Media Value measures the quality of the exposure of a brand through the online space.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...