News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Facebook tops Global Brands List - again
How does Brand A stack up against Brand B on a global scale? New data out from General Sentiment offers insight into how consumers feel about certain brands. Among the winners: Facebook, Apple and Amazon. Among the losers: Zurich Insurance, Abbott Laboratories and AES Corporation.
Knowing how brands are seen from a consumer perspective can determine the strategy of marketing campaigns and, in some cases, can determine if a brand can be saved from bad feelings. Among the top findings: Facebook is the leading global brand generating more than $750 million in Impact Media Value. Other hot brands include:
• Google - $558 million in Impact Media Value
• Amazon - $480 million in Impact Media Value
• Apple - $444 million in Impact Media Value
"Quarter after quarter, the technology brands top the list. After entering the rankings last quarter, Facebook managed to remain on top, and the top five was still dominated by the tech giants," said Pete Moran, CEO of General Sentiment. "However, this quarter, we saw a bit of a shake-up as Apple slipped to fourth, and Adobe and Intel climbed into the top ten."
On the flip side, topping the list of global brands with Perception Media Value are:
• Chevron, which announced it would move 800 jobs from California to Houston, Texas
• Viacom, making a last minute deal with Cablevision so as not to lose television programming
• Zurich Insurance fell in the rankings of PMV because of estimated claims of $700 million from damages due to SuperStorm Sandy
Perceived Media Value measures the quality of the exposure of a brand through the online space.
- Study IDs keys to influencer marketing
- Top 3 tips to a better tech startup
- Study: TV a priority for many Millennials
- UK: Dark Social sharing of Olympics a way to avoid spoilers?
- Loyalty schemes require more relevancy and personalization
- Expert: Why timing of brand connection is more important than ever
- Verizon to acquire Yahoo, what it means
- Just 6% of consumers always leave a review
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...