News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Facebook tops Global Brands List - again
How does Brand A stack up against Brand B on a global scale? New data out from General Sentiment offers insight into how consumers feel about certain brands. Among the winners: Facebook, Apple and Amazon. Among the losers: Zurich Insurance, Abbott Laboratories and AES Corporation.
Knowing how brands are seen from a consumer perspective can determine the strategy of marketing campaigns and, in some cases, can determine if a brand can be saved from bad feelings. Among the top findings: Facebook is the leading global brand generating more than $750 million in Impact Media Value. Other hot brands include:
• Google - $558 million in Impact Media Value
• Amazon - $480 million in Impact Media Value
• Apple - $444 million in Impact Media Value
"Quarter after quarter, the technology brands top the list. After entering the rankings last quarter, Facebook managed to remain on top, and the top five was still dominated by the tech giants," said Pete Moran, CEO of General Sentiment. "However, this quarter, we saw a bit of a shake-up as Apple slipped to fourth, and Adobe and Intel climbed into the top ten."
On the flip side, topping the list of global brands with Perception Media Value are:
• Chevron, which announced it would move 800 jobs from California to Houston, Texas
• Viacom, making a last minute deal with Cablevision so as not to lose television programming
• Zurich Insurance fell in the rankings of PMV because of estimated claims of $700 million from damages due to SuperStorm Sandy
Perceived Media Value measures the quality of the exposure of a brand through the online space.
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...