News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Publishers: Why the library may be your friend
As American subscriptions to newspapers and magazines dwindle and fewer paper books are purchased the number of people going to the library is growing - especially if you count the number of people who logon to library websites through mobile devices. According to a new report out from the Pew Internet and American Life Project about 13% of Americans over age 16 have accessed a library site via mobile.
In 2009, a similar study found only 6% had done so, according to the Pew Report.
Those who are connected are most likely to be female, have some college education and are parents. Most are from urban or suburban areas, however, and are likely to have household incomes over the $75,000/year threshold. Just over half visit 'once or several' times each month while 46% say they access library sites less than monthly.
"In all, the Pew Internet Project survey finds that 39% of Americans ages 16 and older have gone to a library website at one time or another and, of them, 64% visited a library site in the previous 12 months. That translates into 25% of all Americans ages 16+ who visited a library website in the past year," was written in the report.
As for what they're doing at the library - or on library websites - most are looking for books (82%) either physical books or lends for their e-readers; they may also be renewing book loans or reserving a book. However, about half are using online databases or looking up library programs or events and 44% are researching (students). About one-third say they look at book reviews or recommendations online.
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
- Platform promises to connect marketers, consumers
- Mobile app shoppers generate more revenue than mobile website and desktop shoppers
- Mums turn to Facebook for recommendations and parenting communities
Featured White Papers
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...