News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Publishers: Why the library may be your friend
As American subscriptions to newspapers and magazines dwindle and fewer paper books are purchased the number of people going to the library is growing - especially if you count the number of people who logon to library websites through mobile devices. According to a new report out from the Pew Internet and American Life Project about 13% of Americans over age 16 have accessed a library site via mobile.
In 2009, a similar study found only 6% had done so, according to the Pew Report.
Those who are connected are most likely to be female, have some college education and are parents. Most are from urban or suburban areas, however, and are likely to have household incomes over the $75,000/year threshold. Just over half visit 'once or several' times each month while 46% say they access library sites less than monthly.
"In all, the Pew Internet Project survey finds that 39% of Americans ages 16 and older have gone to a library website at one time or another and, of them, 64% visited a library site in the previous 12 months. That translates into 25% of all Americans ages 16+ who visited a library website in the past year," was written in the report.
As for what they're doing at the library - or on library websites - most are looking for books (82%) either physical books or lends for their e-readers; they may also be renewing book loans or reserving a book. However, about half are using online databases or looking up library programs or events and 44% are researching (students). About one-third say they look at book reviews or recommendations online.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...