News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership could open mobile to more developers
A new partnership between Appcelerator and SOASTA could set up mobile developers for a better reach into the mobile space. Through the agreement the Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 product will integrate with SOASTA's TouchTest solution.
Through the partnership mobile app developers will be able to test applications throughout the lifecycle. Appcelerator users will be able to access the SOASTA TouchTest, giving users better testing options. Better testing should allow developers to more quickly assess how apps are performing, make changes and speed profitability.
"The mobile application lifecycle has much shorter release cycles than traditional app lifecycle processes," said Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator CEO. "SOASTA'S TouchTest is the first automated testing solution to integrate with Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 and provides a visionary approach that meets the mobile development needs of our largest customers."
"The Mobile Application Lifecycle presents the opportunity for enterprises to re-think their approach to software development," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "Appcelerator and SOASTA recognized this, and have combined our best-of-class solutions to present mobile development teams with the fastest, most complete development platform to support continuous testing of mobile applications."
In November, comScore found that more than 123 million US adults owned smartphones; that is a more than 50% penetration rate. Of those using smartphones just over 54% are using downloaded apps to navigate and engage with brands. While most mobile consumers are using app-based games, many are also using apps to shop and engage with brands on more social levels.
Having the ability to not only tap into the growing app marketplace but to test how apps are faring can only help developers.
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...