News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership could open mobile to more developers
A new partnership between Appcelerator and SOASTA could set up mobile developers for a better reach into the mobile space. Through the agreement the Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 product will integrate with SOASTA's TouchTest solution.
Through the partnership mobile app developers will be able to test applications throughout the lifecycle. Appcelerator users will be able to access the SOASTA TouchTest, giving users better testing options. Better testing should allow developers to more quickly assess how apps are performing, make changes and speed profitability.
"The mobile application lifecycle has much shorter release cycles than traditional app lifecycle processes," said Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator CEO. "SOASTA'S TouchTest is the first automated testing solution to integrate with Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 and provides a visionary approach that meets the mobile development needs of our largest customers."
"The Mobile Application Lifecycle presents the opportunity for enterprises to re-think their approach to software development," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "Appcelerator and SOASTA recognized this, and have combined our best-of-class solutions to present mobile development teams with the fastest, most complete development platform to support continuous testing of mobile applications."
In November, comScore found that more than 123 million US adults owned smartphones; that is a more than 50% penetration rate. Of those using smartphones just over 54% are using downloaded apps to navigate and engage with brands. While most mobile consumers are using app-based games, many are also using apps to shop and engage with brands on more social levels.
Having the ability to not only tap into the growing app marketplace but to test how apps are faring can only help developers.
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...