News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership could open mobile to more developers
A new partnership between Appcelerator and SOASTA could set up mobile developers for a better reach into the mobile space. Through the agreement the Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 product will integrate with SOASTA's TouchTest solution.
Through the partnership mobile app developers will be able to test applications throughout the lifecycle. Appcelerator users will be able to access the SOASTA TouchTest, giving users better testing options. Better testing should allow developers to more quickly assess how apps are performing, make changes and speed profitability.
"The mobile application lifecycle has much shorter release cycles than traditional app lifecycle processes," said Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator CEO. "SOASTA'S TouchTest is the first automated testing solution to integrate with Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 and provides a visionary approach that meets the mobile development needs of our largest customers."
"The Mobile Application Lifecycle presents the opportunity for enterprises to re-think their approach to software development," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "Appcelerator and SOASTA recognized this, and have combined our best-of-class solutions to present mobile development teams with the fastest, most complete development platform to support continuous testing of mobile applications."
In November, comScore found that more than 123 million US adults owned smartphones; that is a more than 50% penetration rate. Of those using smartphones just over 54% are using downloaded apps to navigate and engage with brands. While most mobile consumers are using app-based games, many are also using apps to shop and engage with brands on more social levels.
Having the ability to not only tap into the growing app marketplace but to test how apps are faring can only help developers.
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...