News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership could open mobile to more developers
A new partnership between Appcelerator and SOASTA could set up mobile developers for a better reach into the mobile space. Through the agreement the Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 product will integrate with SOASTA's TouchTest solution.
Through the partnership mobile app developers will be able to test applications throughout the lifecycle. Appcelerator users will be able to access the SOASTA TouchTest, giving users better testing options. Better testing should allow developers to more quickly assess how apps are performing, make changes and speed profitability.
"The mobile application lifecycle has much shorter release cycles than traditional app lifecycle processes," said Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator CEO. "SOASTA'S TouchTest is the first automated testing solution to integrate with Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 and provides a visionary approach that meets the mobile development needs of our largest customers."
"The Mobile Application Lifecycle presents the opportunity for enterprises to re-think their approach to software development," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "Appcelerator and SOASTA recognized this, and have combined our best-of-class solutions to present mobile development teams with the fastest, most complete development platform to support continuous testing of mobile applications."
In November, comScore found that more than 123 million US adults owned smartphones; that is a more than 50% penetration rate. Of those using smartphones just over 54% are using downloaded apps to navigate and engage with brands. While most mobile consumers are using app-based games, many are also using apps to shop and engage with brands on more social levels.
Having the ability to not only tap into the growing app marketplace but to test how apps are faring can only help developers.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...