News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Partnership could open mobile to more developers
A new partnership between Appcelerator and SOASTA could set up mobile developers for a better reach into the mobile space. Through the agreement the Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 product will integrate with SOASTA's TouchTest solution.
Through the partnership mobile app developers will be able to test applications throughout the lifecycle. Appcelerator users will be able to access the SOASTA TouchTest, giving users better testing options. Better testing should allow developers to more quickly assess how apps are performing, make changes and speed profitability.
"The mobile application lifecycle has much shorter release cycles than traditional app lifecycle processes," said Jeff Haynie, Appcelerator CEO. "SOASTA'S TouchTest is the first automated testing solution to integrate with Appcelerator Titanium 3.0 and provides a visionary approach that meets the mobile development needs of our largest customers."
"The Mobile Application Lifecycle presents the opportunity for enterprises to re-think their approach to software development," said Tom Lounibos, SOASTA CEO. "Appcelerator and SOASTA recognized this, and have combined our best-of-class solutions to present mobile development teams with the fastest, most complete development platform to support continuous testing of mobile applications."
In November, comScore found that more than 123 million US adults owned smartphones; that is a more than 50% penetration rate. Of those using smartphones just over 54% are using downloaded apps to navigate and engage with brands. While most mobile consumers are using app-based games, many are also using apps to shop and engage with brands on more social levels.
Having the ability to not only tap into the growing app marketplace but to test how apps are faring can only help developers.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...