News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Panopta: Retail website uptime performance improves
In its third seasonal website availability index, website and app availability monitoring service provider, Panopta, has revealed that most retail websites performed well during the holiday season.
According to the Panopta Availability Index covering the chaotic Christmas season, retailers handled the 2012 holiday traffic far better than previous years. Most retail websites performed well with just a handful of large brands suffering significant outages.
The Victoria's Secret website suffered the most downtime with 29 outages totaling more than 16 hours. Video game rental website, Gamefly.com, suffered 11 outages totaling more than 12 hours.
Walmart.com frustrated online shoppers the day after Christmas when it suffered an outage lasting 3.5 hours.
"Many factors can cause an outage, but most are preventable," said Jason Abate, CEO and Founder of Panopta. "Downtime in a high traffic period like the holiday shopping season can be catastrophic to a company. When a site isn't available, consumers often buy elsewhere leaving the door open for a competitor and hurting the goodwill a brand has worked hard to establish with customers." http://holiday.panopta.com
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...