News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Panopta: Retail website uptime performance improves
In its third seasonal website availability index, website and app availability monitoring service provider, Panopta, has revealed that most retail websites performed well during the holiday season.
According to the Panopta Availability Index covering the chaotic Christmas season, retailers handled the 2012 holiday traffic far better than previous years. Most retail websites performed well with just a handful of large brands suffering significant outages.
The Victoria's Secret website suffered the most downtime with 29 outages totaling more than 16 hours. Video game rental website, Gamefly.com, suffered 11 outages totaling more than 12 hours.
Walmart.com frustrated online shoppers the day after Christmas when it suffered an outage lasting 3.5 hours.
"Many factors can cause an outage, but most are preventable," said Jason Abate, CEO and Founder of Panopta. "Downtime in a high traffic period like the holiday shopping season can be catastrophic to a company. When a site isn't available, consumers often buy elsewhere leaving the door open for a competitor and hurting the goodwill a brand has worked hard to establish with customers." http://holiday.panopta.com
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....