News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
OPA: Premium Content Pubs beating Social Media
When it comes to placing ad campaigns, a majority of marketers are foregoing social media for premium content publishing websites. This despite the fact that a majority of consumers are active on social media sites like Facebook. According to the Online Publishers Association about three-quarters are 'more satisfied with' premium content sites over social media for their campaigns.
Why premium content publishers? The Online Publishers Association found more than half of respondents say premium content publishers offer better brand quality and image than social media or that these publishers offer better relevance and context to readers.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• For brand safety, 71% say Premium Content Publishers (PCP) offer greater satisfaction, 36% say Facebook does
• For creative flexibility 64% say they prefer PCP over Facebook (26%)
• For audience attention 63% say PCP is better (29% say Facebook is)
• For 'viewability' 59% say PCP is better, 42% say Facebook is
"With 63% of marketers perceiving Premium Content Publishers as a superior channel to reach their brand goals compared to Social Media at only 27%, the message is very clear: marketers believe that their brand campaigns benefit from the environment offered by top media brands," said Pam Horan, OPA President. "While Social Media is perceived by marketers and agencies as a platform that delivers messages to their target audience and overall reach, Premium Content Publishers are comparable with both priorities.
Further, as ROI continues to be top of mind for marketers, our study drilled down on perceptions of measurement of brand-focused campaigns on both Premium Content Publishers and Facebook, the largest Social Media platform. We found that 55% of respondents believe they are better able to measure the ROI on Premium Content Publishers, compared to 27% on Facebook, and 55% perceive they can better measure brand lift on a Premium Content Publishers, versus 30% on Facebook."
As for what brand focused advertisers are looking for in online campaigns nearly half (46%) say increasing brand consideration was a priority while 43% reported brand preference was a prime consideration. About one-third say improving brand favorability and purchase intent were priorities.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...