News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
OPA: Premium Content Pubs beating Social Media
When it comes to placing ad campaigns, a majority of marketers are foregoing social media for premium content publishing websites. This despite the fact that a majority of consumers are active on social media sites like Facebook. According to the Online Publishers Association about three-quarters are 'more satisfied with' premium content sites over social media for their campaigns.
Why premium content publishers? The Online Publishers Association found more than half of respondents say premium content publishers offer better brand quality and image than social media or that these publishers offer better relevance and context to readers.
Some interesting findings from the report include:
• For brand safety, 71% say Premium Content Publishers (PCP) offer greater satisfaction, 36% say Facebook does
• For creative flexibility 64% say they prefer PCP over Facebook (26%)
• For audience attention 63% say PCP is better (29% say Facebook is)
• For 'viewability' 59% say PCP is better, 42% say Facebook is
"With 63% of marketers perceiving Premium Content Publishers as a superior channel to reach their brand goals compared to Social Media at only 27%, the message is very clear: marketers believe that their brand campaigns benefit from the environment offered by top media brands," said Pam Horan, OPA President. "While Social Media is perceived by marketers and agencies as a platform that delivers messages to their target audience and overall reach, Premium Content Publishers are comparable with both priorities.
Further, as ROI continues to be top of mind for marketers, our study drilled down on perceptions of measurement of brand-focused campaigns on both Premium Content Publishers and Facebook, the largest Social Media platform. We found that 55% of respondents believe they are better able to measure the ROI on Premium Content Publishers, compared to 27% on Facebook, and 55% perceive they can better measure brand lift on a Premium Content Publishers, versus 30% on Facebook."
As for what brand focused advertisers are looking for in online campaigns nearly half (46%) say increasing brand consideration was a priority while 43% reported brand preference was a prime consideration. About one-third say improving brand favorability and purchase intent were priorities.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...