News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
nRelate: The content categories capturing readers' interest
As content becomes more popular online savvy marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on the content trend. By creating original content, using popular keyword - that are relevant to the brand and making that content easily discoverable, brands can build a stronger online platform.
New data out from nRelate shows which content categories received the most consumer attention in 2012. These hot categories could be an indicator of what will be hot, content wise, through the first half of 2013 as well.
According to the data:
• Arts and Entertainment content pushed a full 35% of content clicks across nRelate's content network
• Hobbies and Interests pushed 7.5% of content clicks
• Home and Garden pushed 7% of content clicks
"With 76% of online consumers in the US clicking on related article links, we can start to infer the popularity of specific subjects, themes and trends over time," said Neil Mody, nRelate CEO. "The long tail gives us insight into the topics bubbling under the surface, which can inform and inspire new ideas for content creators and marketers of any size. This is a window into what captures attention when a consumer is in browse mode versus search mode."
As for specific content, here are some of the articles receiving the most clicks throughout 2012:
• Last Minute Green Valentine's Day Gifts (Shopping category)
• 10 Essential Business Apps for Android (Technology)
• 7 Rare Wheat Pennies Worth Collecting & What They're Worth (Hobbies & Interests)
• Adorable Puppy Ear Flap (Arts & Entertainment)
• DIY Paint Project Ideas: One Can of Pain, 5 Things to Do With It (Home & Garden)
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...