News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
nRelate: The content categories capturing readers' interest
As content becomes more popular online savvy marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on the content trend. By creating original content, using popular keyword - that are relevant to the brand and making that content easily discoverable, brands can build a stronger online platform.
New data out from nRelate shows which content categories received the most consumer attention in 2012. These hot categories could be an indicator of what will be hot, content wise, through the first half of 2013 as well.
According to the data:
• Arts and Entertainment content pushed a full 35% of content clicks across nRelate's content network
• Hobbies and Interests pushed 7.5% of content clicks
• Home and Garden pushed 7% of content clicks
"With 76% of online consumers in the US clicking on related article links, we can start to infer the popularity of specific subjects, themes and trends over time," said Neil Mody, nRelate CEO. "The long tail gives us insight into the topics bubbling under the surface, which can inform and inspire new ideas for content creators and marketers of any size. This is a window into what captures attention when a consumer is in browse mode versus search mode."
As for specific content, here are some of the articles receiving the most clicks throughout 2012:
• Last Minute Green Valentine's Day Gifts (Shopping category)
• 10 Essential Business Apps for Android (Technology)
• 7 Rare Wheat Pennies Worth Collecting & What They're Worth (Hobbies & Interests)
• Adorable Puppy Ear Flap (Arts & Entertainment)
• DIY Paint Project Ideas: One Can of Pain, 5 Things to Do With It (Home & Garden)
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...