News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
nRelate: The content categories capturing readers' interest
As content becomes more popular online savvy marketers are looking for ways to capitalize on the content trend. By creating original content, using popular keyword - that are relevant to the brand and making that content easily discoverable, brands can build a stronger online platform.
New data out from nRelate shows which content categories received the most consumer attention in 2012. These hot categories could be an indicator of what will be hot, content wise, through the first half of 2013 as well.
According to the data:
• Arts and Entertainment content pushed a full 35% of content clicks across nRelate's content network
• Hobbies and Interests pushed 7.5% of content clicks
• Home and Garden pushed 7% of content clicks
"With 76% of online consumers in the US clicking on related article links, we can start to infer the popularity of specific subjects, themes and trends over time," said Neil Mody, nRelate CEO. "The long tail gives us insight into the topics bubbling under the surface, which can inform and inspire new ideas for content creators and marketers of any size. This is a window into what captures attention when a consumer is in browse mode versus search mode."
As for specific content, here are some of the articles receiving the most clicks throughout 2012:
• Last Minute Green Valentine's Day Gifts (Shopping category)
• 10 Essential Business Apps for Android (Technology)
• 7 Rare Wheat Pennies Worth Collecting & What They're Worth (Hobbies & Interests)
• Adorable Puppy Ear Flap (Arts & Entertainment)
• DIY Paint Project Ideas: One Can of Pain, 5 Things to Do With It (Home & Garden)
- Report: Facebook tops Google for display growth
- Top 3 tips to improve document search
- Ad Roundup: SaaS, partnerships and increased feedback
- Facebook increases push to ecommerce
- Do you really want 5-star product reviews?
- Survey: Half-million spent to recover from cyber attacks
- Ad Roundup: Trio of releases for small businesses
- Third of Brits struggling to cope with data overload
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...