News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad unit to create more immersive TV experience
With the number of US households multi-tasking while watching television or watching delayed broadcasts, some advertisers are wondering how to connect. A new ad unit out from YuMe could help advertiser engagement through television. Called Click-to-Ngage, the ad unit is available across the YuMe Connected Audience Network.
The long form video ad unit is set up for the connected television market.
"The connected TV ecosystem continues to evolve and offer new media opportunities that pave the way for new media potential. YuMe is providing their customers with the opportunity to lead and experiment by being first-time adopters of cutting-edge video advertising technology," said Christie Hartbarger, Vice President, Connected Devices, YuMe.
According to new numbers out from Leichtman Research Group more than half of US households that subscribe to multi-channel video have DVR systems in-home; meanwhile more than 40% of those with DVRs have multiple units in-home. Their data further shows:
• 71% of Telco, 63% of DBS and 42% of cable subscribers have a DVR
• 70% of all digi-cable subscribers have used Video On Demand (VOD)
• 68% of VOD consumers who also have DVR say TV service is 'better' because of the equipment
Back to the YuMe ad unit, in addition to offering engaging, relevant content, brands can measure interactions through the unit. Consumers simply choose the ad unit, basically opting in to the information, from the Smart TV home screen; they choose either gallery or video options. Giving the viewer the choice of what he sees gives that viewer control, which has shown to increase engagement.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...