News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad unit to create more immersive TV experience
With the number of US households multi-tasking while watching television or watching delayed broadcasts, some advertisers are wondering how to connect. A new ad unit out from YuMe could help advertiser engagement through television. Called Click-to-Ngage, the ad unit is available across the YuMe Connected Audience Network.
The long form video ad unit is set up for the connected television market.
"The connected TV ecosystem continues to evolve and offer new media opportunities that pave the way for new media potential. YuMe is providing their customers with the opportunity to lead and experiment by being first-time adopters of cutting-edge video advertising technology," said Christie Hartbarger, Vice President, Connected Devices, YuMe.
According to new numbers out from Leichtman Research Group more than half of US households that subscribe to multi-channel video have DVR systems in-home; meanwhile more than 40% of those with DVRs have multiple units in-home. Their data further shows:
• 71% of Telco, 63% of DBS and 42% of cable subscribers have a DVR
• 70% of all digi-cable subscribers have used Video On Demand (VOD)
• 68% of VOD consumers who also have DVR say TV service is 'better' because of the equipment
Back to the YuMe ad unit, in addition to offering engaging, relevant content, brands can measure interactions through the unit. Consumers simply choose the ad unit, basically opting in to the information, from the Smart TV home screen; they choose either gallery or video options. Giving the viewer the choice of what he sees gives that viewer control, which has shown to increase engagement.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...