News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad unit to create more immersive TV experience
With the number of US households multi-tasking while watching television or watching delayed broadcasts, some advertisers are wondering how to connect. A new ad unit out from YuMe could help advertiser engagement through television. Called Click-to-Ngage, the ad unit is available across the YuMe Connected Audience Network.
The long form video ad unit is set up for the connected television market.
"The connected TV ecosystem continues to evolve and offer new media opportunities that pave the way for new media potential. YuMe is providing their customers with the opportunity to lead and experiment by being first-time adopters of cutting-edge video advertising technology," said Christie Hartbarger, Vice President, Connected Devices, YuMe.
According to new numbers out from Leichtman Research Group more than half of US households that subscribe to multi-channel video have DVR systems in-home; meanwhile more than 40% of those with DVRs have multiple units in-home. Their data further shows:
• 71% of Telco, 63% of DBS and 42% of cable subscribers have a DVR
• 70% of all digi-cable subscribers have used Video On Demand (VOD)
• 68% of VOD consumers who also have DVR say TV service is 'better' because of the equipment
Back to the YuMe ad unit, in addition to offering engaging, relevant content, brands can measure interactions through the unit. Consumers simply choose the ad unit, basically opting in to the information, from the Smart TV home screen; they choose either gallery or video options. Giving the viewer the choice of what he sees gives that viewer control, which has shown to increase engagement.
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...