News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New ad unit to create more immersive TV experience
With the number of US households multi-tasking while watching television or watching delayed broadcasts, some advertisers are wondering how to connect. A new ad unit out from YuMe could help advertiser engagement through television. Called Click-to-Ngage, the ad unit is available across the YuMe Connected Audience Network.
The long form video ad unit is set up for the connected television market.
"The connected TV ecosystem continues to evolve and offer new media opportunities that pave the way for new media potential. YuMe is providing their customers with the opportunity to lead and experiment by being first-time adopters of cutting-edge video advertising technology," said Christie Hartbarger, Vice President, Connected Devices, YuMe.
According to new numbers out from Leichtman Research Group more than half of US households that subscribe to multi-channel video have DVR systems in-home; meanwhile more than 40% of those with DVRs have multiple units in-home. Their data further shows:
• 71% of Telco, 63% of DBS and 42% of cable subscribers have a DVR
• 70% of all digi-cable subscribers have used Video On Demand (VOD)
• 68% of VOD consumers who also have DVR say TV service is 'better' because of the equipment
Back to the YuMe ad unit, in addition to offering engaging, relevant content, brands can measure interactions through the unit. Consumers simply choose the ad unit, basically opting in to the information, from the Smart TV home screen; they choose either gallery or video options. Giving the viewer the choice of what he sees gives that viewer control, which has shown to increase engagement.
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
- AdRoll: Study finds retargeting focus for most brands
- Study: Power of Hispanic shoppers growing
- Report: News, media sites opening slow in mobile
- Marin: Brands looking to integrate marketing efforts
- Nielsen sheds light on the Millennial male
- Ad RoundUp: Analysis key to releases
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...