News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 20% of Facebook ad revenue now comes from mobile
Analysis of a dataset of more than 2 million ad clicks and conversions, drawn from a representative sample of global advertisers using Kenshoo Social to manage Facebook ad campaigns, reveals that more than 20% of the social network's ad revenue now comes from mobile.
Facebook only started showing ads on mobile devices in March last year yet, in less than 12 months, a fair chunk of advertisers' spend is going on mobile ads both on tablets and smartphones. Just over 20% (20.3%) of ad revenue now comes from mobile.
"The world's top brands have embraced Facebook mobile advertising and we expect the channel to become increasingly competitive as new devices deliver enhanced interactive experiences," said Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO.
The study also revealed that mobile ad rates on Facebook represent a 70% price premium over desktop ads. While ad rates (CPC) for desktop is $0.81 on mobile that rate is $1.38.
Another interesting finding from the study is that advertisers aren't putting their money into advertising on Android's tablet. iOS receives 97% of the tablet ad spend. However, 71% of Facebook mobile ad spend on smartphones goes to Android.
The success and optimism surrounding Facebook mobile advertising was the cause of a 5% rise in the social network's stock price earlier this month.
"We are incrementally positive on Facebook shares into 2013 as we believe it remains very early in the trajectory of Facebook's mobile advertising," say analysts at JPMorgan. "Importantly, we believe marketers are also realizing that there is branding and awareness value in Facebook ads and that users don't necessarily have to click through to drive returns."
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
- Shareholic: Facebook now accounts for 25% of social referrals
- Brand Keys predicts Super Bowl winners, losers
- Top 3 data collection trends for 2015
- ChoiceStream: Sports audiences costing brands more
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...