News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 20% of Facebook ad revenue now comes from mobile
Analysis of a dataset of more than 2 million ad clicks and conversions, drawn from a representative sample of global advertisers using Kenshoo Social to manage Facebook ad campaigns, reveals that more than 20% of the social network's ad revenue now comes from mobile.
Facebook only started showing ads on mobile devices in March last year yet, in less than 12 months, a fair chunk of advertisers' spend is going on mobile ads both on tablets and smartphones. Just over 20% (20.3%) of ad revenue now comes from mobile.
"The world's top brands have embraced Facebook mobile advertising and we expect the channel to become increasingly competitive as new devices deliver enhanced interactive experiences," said Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO.
The study also revealed that mobile ad rates on Facebook represent a 70% price premium over desktop ads. While ad rates (CPC) for desktop is $0.81 on mobile that rate is $1.38.
Another interesting finding from the study is that advertisers aren't putting their money into advertising on Android's tablet. iOS receives 97% of the tablet ad spend. However, 71% of Facebook mobile ad spend on smartphones goes to Android.
The success and optimism surrounding Facebook mobile advertising was the cause of a 5% rise in the social network's stock price earlier this month.
"We are incrementally positive on Facebook shares into 2013 as we believe it remains very early in the trajectory of Facebook's mobile advertising," say analysts at JPMorgan. "Importantly, we believe marketers are also realizing that there is branding and awareness value in Facebook ads and that users don't necessarily have to click through to drive returns."
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...