News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 20% of Facebook ad revenue now comes from mobile
Analysis of a dataset of more than 2 million ad clicks and conversions, drawn from a representative sample of global advertisers using Kenshoo Social to manage Facebook ad campaigns, reveals that more than 20% of the social network's ad revenue now comes from mobile.
Facebook only started showing ads on mobile devices in March last year yet, in less than 12 months, a fair chunk of advertisers' spend is going on mobile ads both on tablets and smartphones. Just over 20% (20.3%) of ad revenue now comes from mobile.
"The world's top brands have embraced Facebook mobile advertising and we expect the channel to become increasingly competitive as new devices deliver enhanced interactive experiences," said Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO.
The study also revealed that mobile ad rates on Facebook represent a 70% price premium over desktop ads. While ad rates (CPC) for desktop is $0.81 on mobile that rate is $1.38.
Another interesting finding from the study is that advertisers aren't putting their money into advertising on Android's tablet. iOS receives 97% of the tablet ad spend. However, 71% of Facebook mobile ad spend on smartphones goes to Android.
The success and optimism surrounding Facebook mobile advertising was the cause of a 5% rise in the social network's stock price earlier this month.
"We are incrementally positive on Facebook shares into 2013 as we believe it remains very early in the trajectory of Facebook's mobile advertising," say analysts at JPMorgan. "Importantly, we believe marketers are also realizing that there is branding and awareness value in Facebook ads and that users don't necessarily have to click through to drive returns."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...