News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 20% of Facebook ad revenue now comes from mobile
Analysis of a dataset of more than 2 million ad clicks and conversions, drawn from a representative sample of global advertisers using Kenshoo Social to manage Facebook ad campaigns, reveals that more than 20% of the social network's ad revenue now comes from mobile.
Facebook only started showing ads on mobile devices in March last year yet, in less than 12 months, a fair chunk of advertisers' spend is going on mobile ads both on tablets and smartphones. Just over 20% (20.3%) of ad revenue now comes from mobile.
"The world's top brands have embraced Facebook mobile advertising and we expect the channel to become increasingly competitive as new devices deliver enhanced interactive experiences," said Aaron Goldman, Kenshoo CMO.
The study also revealed that mobile ad rates on Facebook represent a 70% price premium over desktop ads. While ad rates (CPC) for desktop is $0.81 on mobile that rate is $1.38.
Another interesting finding from the study is that advertisers aren't putting their money into advertising on Android's tablet. iOS receives 97% of the tablet ad spend. However, 71% of Facebook mobile ad spend on smartphones goes to Android.
The success and optimism surrounding Facebook mobile advertising was the cause of a 5% rise in the social network's stock price earlier this month.
"We are incrementally positive on Facebook shares into 2013 as we believe it remains very early in the trajectory of Facebook's mobile advertising," say analysts at JPMorgan. "Importantly, we believe marketers are also realizing that there is branding and awareness value in Facebook ads and that users don't necessarily have to click through to drive returns."
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...