News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 1 in 4 young mobile users scan QR codes
Mobile users in North America and Europe are increasingly scanning QR codes with their devices, according to new research released by Pitney Bowes. Research from Nellymoser reveals mobile action codes in print magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
More than 5,000 consumers were surveyed for the Pitney Bowes-commissioned "QR Code Use" survey. Across all respondents, 15% reported having used QR codes.
That figure rises to 27% among 18-34 year olds.
QR codes are popping up in all sorts of places - on product packaging, company fleet livery, billboards, in magazine advertising and even on clothes. At the same time, marketing campaigns have evolved to be more in tune with what consumers want from scanning a code.
On-the-go consumers have been conditioned to expect instant gratification, whether that means finding an address, a news article or a coupon for their favorite retailer. QR codes offer one of the best ways to instantly satisfy consumer wants and improve marketing campaign results at the same time.
A few months ago, mobile marketing and technology services firm Nellymoser found that QR codes in magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, typical response rates are 4.4% for direct mail (overall), 4.3% for catalogs and 3.4% for a direct mail letter. However Nellymoser's study, conducted using their Companion App, found that average response rates from mobile action codes ranged from 4.5% to 5.9%.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...