News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 1 in 4 young mobile users scan QR codes
Mobile users in North America and Europe are increasingly scanning QR codes with their devices, according to new research released by Pitney Bowes. Research from Nellymoser reveals mobile action codes in print magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
More than 5,000 consumers were surveyed for the Pitney Bowes-commissioned "QR Code Use" survey. Across all respondents, 15% reported having used QR codes.
That figure rises to 27% among 18-34 year olds.
QR codes are popping up in all sorts of places - on product packaging, company fleet livery, billboards, in magazine advertising and even on clothes. At the same time, marketing campaigns have evolved to be more in tune with what consumers want from scanning a code.
On-the-go consumers have been conditioned to expect instant gratification, whether that means finding an address, a news article or a coupon for their favorite retailer. QR codes offer one of the best ways to instantly satisfy consumer wants and improve marketing campaign results at the same time.
A few months ago, mobile marketing and technology services firm Nellymoser found that QR codes in magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, typical response rates are 4.4% for direct mail (overall), 4.3% for catalogs and 3.4% for a direct mail letter. However Nellymoser's study, conducted using their Companion App, found that average response rates from mobile action codes ranged from 4.5% to 5.9%.
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
- New platform uses social components to increase engagement
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...