News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 1 in 4 young mobile users scan QR codes
Mobile users in North America and Europe are increasingly scanning QR codes with their devices, according to new research released by Pitney Bowes. Research from Nellymoser reveals mobile action codes in print magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
More than 5,000 consumers were surveyed for the Pitney Bowes-commissioned "QR Code Use" survey. Across all respondents, 15% reported having used QR codes.
That figure rises to 27% among 18-34 year olds.
QR codes are popping up in all sorts of places - on product packaging, company fleet livery, billboards, in magazine advertising and even on clothes. At the same time, marketing campaigns have evolved to be more in tune with what consumers want from scanning a code.
On-the-go consumers have been conditioned to expect instant gratification, whether that means finding an address, a news article or a coupon for their favorite retailer. QR codes offer one of the best ways to instantly satisfy consumer wants and improve marketing campaign results at the same time.
A few months ago, mobile marketing and technology services firm Nellymoser found that QR codes in magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, typical response rates are 4.4% for direct mail (overall), 4.3% for catalogs and 3.4% for a direct mail letter. However Nellymoser's study, conducted using their Companion App, found that average response rates from mobile action codes ranged from 4.5% to 5.9%.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...