News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 1 in 4 young mobile users scan QR codes
Mobile users in North America and Europe are increasingly scanning QR codes with their devices, according to new research released by Pitney Bowes. Research from Nellymoser reveals mobile action codes in print magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
More than 5,000 consumers were surveyed for the Pitney Bowes-commissioned "QR Code Use" survey. Across all respondents, 15% reported having used QR codes.
That figure rises to 27% among 18-34 year olds.
QR codes are popping up in all sorts of places - on product packaging, company fleet livery, billboards, in magazine advertising and even on clothes. At the same time, marketing campaigns have evolved to be more in tune with what consumers want from scanning a code.
On-the-go consumers have been conditioned to expect instant gratification, whether that means finding an address, a news article or a coupon for their favorite retailer. QR codes offer one of the best ways to instantly satisfy consumer wants and improve marketing campaign results at the same time.
A few months ago, mobile marketing and technology services firm Nellymoser found that QR codes in magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, typical response rates are 4.4% for direct mail (overall), 4.3% for catalogs and 3.4% for a direct mail letter. However Nellymoser's study, conducted using their Companion App, found that average response rates from mobile action codes ranged from 4.5% to 5.9%.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...