News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More than 1 in 4 young mobile users scan QR codes
Mobile users in North America and Europe are increasingly scanning QR codes with their devices, according to new research released by Pitney Bowes. Research from Nellymoser reveals mobile action codes in print magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
More than 5,000 consumers were surveyed for the Pitney Bowes-commissioned "QR Code Use" survey. Across all respondents, 15% reported having used QR codes.
That figure rises to 27% among 18-34 year olds.
QR codes are popping up in all sorts of places - on product packaging, company fleet livery, billboards, in magazine advertising and even on clothes. At the same time, marketing campaigns have evolved to be more in tune with what consumers want from scanning a code.
On-the-go consumers have been conditioned to expect instant gratification, whether that means finding an address, a news article or a coupon for their favorite retailer. QR codes offer one of the best ways to instantly satisfy consumer wants and improve marketing campaign results at the same time.
A few months ago, mobile marketing and technology services firm Nellymoser found that QR codes in magazines deliver a better response rate than traditional forms of direct mail.
According to the Direct Marketing Association, typical response rates are 4.4% for direct mail (overall), 4.3% for catalogs and 3.4% for a direct mail letter. However Nellymoser's study, conducted using their Companion App, found that average response rates from mobile action codes ranged from 4.5% to 5.9%.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...