News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Might General Motors take Facebook for another spin?
General Motors may be making a u-turn on their 2012 decision to stop paid advertising on Facebook.
In May last year, General Motors announced they would quit paying for ads on the social network. They decided that the $40 million invested in paid ads on Facebook were having little impact on consumers' car purchases.
"In terms of Facebook specifically, while we currently do not plan to continue with advertising, we remain committed to an aggressive content strategy through all of our products and brands, as it continues to be a very effective tool for engaging with our customers," GM told Politico at the time.
However, Reuters is reporting that Alan Batey, GM's interim marketing chief, made comments at the recent North American International Auto Show that suggested Facebook and GM were continuing talks about a potential return to the social network.
It's not that General Motors doesn't have an existing Facebook presence - it does. The auto firm just doesn't pay to advertise on the social network.
"We're still actively talking to them and looking at opportunities that come our way," Batey told Reuters. "I wouldn't tell you that there's a Mexican standoff here. We just didn't see the value."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...