News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Might General Motors take Facebook for another spin?
General Motors may be making a u-turn on their 2012 decision to stop paid advertising on Facebook.
In May last year, General Motors announced they would quit paying for ads on the social network. They decided that the $40 million invested in paid ads on Facebook were having little impact on consumers' car purchases.
"In terms of Facebook specifically, while we currently do not plan to continue with advertising, we remain committed to an aggressive content strategy through all of our products and brands, as it continues to be a very effective tool for engaging with our customers," GM told Politico at the time.
However, Reuters is reporting that Alan Batey, GM's interim marketing chief, made comments at the recent North American International Auto Show that suggested Facebook and GM were continuing talks about a potential return to the social network.
It's not that General Motors doesn't have an existing Facebook presence - it does. The auto firm just doesn't pay to advertise on the social network.
"We're still actively talking to them and looking at opportunities that come our way," Batey told Reuters. "I wouldn't tell you that there's a Mexican standoff here. We just didn't see the value."
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...