News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location data shows which cities partied, slept through New Year's
Location based marketing is expected to see a big increase through 2013 thanks to the influx of smart-devices, both phones and tablets. New data out from Sense Network uses location data to paint a picture of mobile users' activities on New Year's Eve, 2012.
Data like this can be used to mark trends and better target mobile users across the country.
"Sense Networks has the power to identify the locations of mobile users and help draw conclusions about a consumer's lifestyle. Our New Year's Eve data both confirmed and dispelled assumptions made about consumers in specific regions, these types of insights are invaluable to marketers," said David Petersen, CEO of Sense Networks. "In 2013, mobile location and behavioral targeting will continue to help brands and retailers reach consumers with the highest purchase intent, by delivering the most relevant and timely mobile advertisements."
According to the data people in Anchorage, Alaska and Riverside, California were among the earliest to be on New Year's Eve. Other early nighters included Chula Visat and Anaheim (California) residents as well as people in Madison, Wisconsin and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Those staying up the latest? That may surprise - Miami, Florida and Jersey City, New Jersey had some of the latest nights - or maybe earliest mornings - in the US. Other cities who saw New Year's Morning included Garland, Texas and Newark, New Jersey. Surprisingly, New Yorkers only ranked fifth on the lateness poll. Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas residents were also late nighters.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....