News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location data shows which cities partied, slept through New Year's
Location based marketing is expected to see a big increase through 2013 thanks to the influx of smart-devices, both phones and tablets. New data out from Sense Network uses location data to paint a picture of mobile users' activities on New Year's Eve, 2012.
Data like this can be used to mark trends and better target mobile users across the country.
"Sense Networks has the power to identify the locations of mobile users and help draw conclusions about a consumer's lifestyle. Our New Year's Eve data both confirmed and dispelled assumptions made about consumers in specific regions, these types of insights are invaluable to marketers," said David Petersen, CEO of Sense Networks. "In 2013, mobile location and behavioral targeting will continue to help brands and retailers reach consumers with the highest purchase intent, by delivering the most relevant and timely mobile advertisements."
According to the data people in Anchorage, Alaska and Riverside, California were among the earliest to be on New Year's Eve. Other early nighters included Chula Visat and Anaheim (California) residents as well as people in Madison, Wisconsin and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Those staying up the latest? That may surprise - Miami, Florida and Jersey City, New Jersey had some of the latest nights - or maybe earliest mornings - in the US. Other cities who saw New Year's Morning included Garland, Texas and Newark, New Jersey. Surprisingly, New Yorkers only ranked fifth on the lateness poll. Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas residents were also late nighters.
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...