News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location data shows which cities partied, slept through New Year's
Location based marketing is expected to see a big increase through 2013 thanks to the influx of smart-devices, both phones and tablets. New data out from Sense Network uses location data to paint a picture of mobile users' activities on New Year's Eve, 2012.
Data like this can be used to mark trends and better target mobile users across the country.
"Sense Networks has the power to identify the locations of mobile users and help draw conclusions about a consumer's lifestyle. Our New Year's Eve data both confirmed and dispelled assumptions made about consumers in specific regions, these types of insights are invaluable to marketers," said David Petersen, CEO of Sense Networks. "In 2013, mobile location and behavioral targeting will continue to help brands and retailers reach consumers with the highest purchase intent, by delivering the most relevant and timely mobile advertisements."
According to the data people in Anchorage, Alaska and Riverside, California were among the earliest to be on New Year's Eve. Other early nighters included Chula Visat and Anaheim (California) residents as well as people in Madison, Wisconsin and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Those staying up the latest? That may surprise - Miami, Florida and Jersey City, New Jersey had some of the latest nights - or maybe earliest mornings - in the US. Other cities who saw New Year's Morning included Garland, Texas and Newark, New Jersey. Surprisingly, New Yorkers only ranked fifth on the lateness poll. Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas residents were also late nighters.
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...