News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location data shows which cities partied, slept through New Year's
Location based marketing is expected to see a big increase through 2013 thanks to the influx of smart-devices, both phones and tablets. New data out from Sense Network uses location data to paint a picture of mobile users' activities on New Year's Eve, 2012.
Data like this can be used to mark trends and better target mobile users across the country.
"Sense Networks has the power to identify the locations of mobile users and help draw conclusions about a consumer's lifestyle. Our New Year's Eve data both confirmed and dispelled assumptions made about consumers in specific regions, these types of insights are invaluable to marketers," said David Petersen, CEO of Sense Networks. "In 2013, mobile location and behavioral targeting will continue to help brands and retailers reach consumers with the highest purchase intent, by delivering the most relevant and timely mobile advertisements."
According to the data people in Anchorage, Alaska and Riverside, California were among the earliest to be on New Year's Eve. Other early nighters included Chula Visat and Anaheim (California) residents as well as people in Madison, Wisconsin and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Those staying up the latest? That may surprise - Miami, Florida and Jersey City, New Jersey had some of the latest nights - or maybe earliest mornings - in the US. Other cities who saw New Year's Morning included Garland, Texas and Newark, New Jersey. Surprisingly, New Yorkers only ranked fifth on the lateness poll. Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas residents were also late nighters.
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...