News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Location data shows which cities partied, slept through New Year's
Location based marketing is expected to see a big increase through 2013 thanks to the influx of smart-devices, both phones and tablets. New data out from Sense Network uses location data to paint a picture of mobile users' activities on New Year's Eve, 2012.
Data like this can be used to mark trends and better target mobile users across the country.
"Sense Networks has the power to identify the locations of mobile users and help draw conclusions about a consumer's lifestyle. Our New Year's Eve data both confirmed and dispelled assumptions made about consumers in specific regions, these types of insights are invaluable to marketers," said David Petersen, CEO of Sense Networks. "In 2013, mobile location and behavioral targeting will continue to help brands and retailers reach consumers with the highest purchase intent, by delivering the most relevant and timely mobile advertisements."
According to the data people in Anchorage, Alaska and Riverside, California were among the earliest to be on New Year's Eve. Other early nighters included Chula Visat and Anaheim (California) residents as well as people in Madison, Wisconsin and Honolulu, Hawaii.
Those staying up the latest? That may surprise - Miami, Florida and Jersey City, New Jersey had some of the latest nights - or maybe earliest mornings - in the US. Other cities who saw New Year's Morning included Garland, Texas and Newark, New Jersey. Surprisingly, New Yorkers only ranked fifth on the lateness poll. Atlanta, Georgia and Houston, Texas residents were also late nighters.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...