News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn boasts 200 million members from over 200 countries
Since 2011, LinkedIn has doubled its membership and now boasts more members than the populations of the UK, France, and Italy combined. Check out these stats about the largest online networking platform for professionals.
In the time it took you to read the introduction to this article, 20 new members signed up to the service, at a rate of 2 every second.
Such is the popularity of LinkedIn that they now boast more than 200 million users, "an important and exciting milestone for the company," wrote Deep Nishar, senior VP for products and user experience at LinkedIn.
"This milestone is more than just a metric -- it's a reminder of the global footprint and the scale of impact our network has each day," Nishar added.
LinkedIn passed 100 million users a little under two years ago, in March 2011, and has since focused on other countries to grow that number. The network is now offering its service in 19 different languages and says more than 64% of its users live outside the United States.
After the U.S., India, Brazil and the UK have the most LinkedIn users, and currently the fastest growing countries are Columbia, Indonesia and Turkey. According to the company, 74 million users are based in the U.S., 11 million are in the U.K., 7 million are in Canada, 18 million are in India and 11 million are based in Brazil.
It comes as no surprise to learn that tech firms dominate the network (4 million), with the next highest group represented being financial services with 2.03 million (see infographic). However, searching LinkedIn will reveal a vast diversity of companies and individuals onboard.
The network has diversified in other ways, too. It's no longer a directory of professionals and firms, today it has more of a community feel about it as well as being a go-to source for news and making contacts in a multitude of disciplines.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...