News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn boasts 200 million members from over 200 countries
Since 2011, LinkedIn has doubled its membership and now boasts more members than the populations of the UK, France, and Italy combined. Check out these stats about the largest online networking platform for professionals.
In the time it took you to read the introduction to this article, 20 new members signed up to the service, at a rate of 2 every second.
Such is the popularity of LinkedIn that they now boast more than 200 million users, "an important and exciting milestone for the company," wrote Deep Nishar, senior VP for products and user experience at LinkedIn.
"This milestone is more than just a metric -- it's a reminder of the global footprint and the scale of impact our network has each day," Nishar added.
LinkedIn passed 100 million users a little under two years ago, in March 2011, and has since focused on other countries to grow that number. The network is now offering its service in 19 different languages and says more than 64% of its users live outside the United States.
After the U.S., India, Brazil and the UK have the most LinkedIn users, and currently the fastest growing countries are Columbia, Indonesia and Turkey. According to the company, 74 million users are based in the U.S., 11 million are in the U.K., 7 million are in Canada, 18 million are in India and 11 million are based in Brazil.
It comes as no surprise to learn that tech firms dominate the network (4 million), with the next highest group represented being financial services with 2.03 million (see infographic). However, searching LinkedIn will reveal a vast diversity of companies and individuals onboard.
The network has diversified in other ways, too. It's no longer a directory of professionals and firms, today it has more of a community feel about it as well as being a go-to source for news and making contacts in a multitude of disciplines.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...