News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn boasts 200 million members from over 200 countries
Since 2011, LinkedIn has doubled its membership and now boasts more members than the populations of the UK, France, and Italy combined. Check out these stats about the largest online networking platform for professionals.
In the time it took you to read the introduction to this article, 20 new members signed up to the service, at a rate of 2 every second.
Such is the popularity of LinkedIn that they now boast more than 200 million users, "an important and exciting milestone for the company," wrote Deep Nishar, senior VP for products and user experience at LinkedIn.
"This milestone is more than just a metric -- it's a reminder of the global footprint and the scale of impact our network has each day," Nishar added.
LinkedIn passed 100 million users a little under two years ago, in March 2011, and has since focused on other countries to grow that number. The network is now offering its service in 19 different languages and says more than 64% of its users live outside the United States.
After the U.S., India, Brazil and the UK have the most LinkedIn users, and currently the fastest growing countries are Columbia, Indonesia and Turkey. According to the company, 74 million users are based in the U.S., 11 million are in the U.K., 7 million are in Canada, 18 million are in India and 11 million are based in Brazil.
It comes as no surprise to learn that tech firms dominate the network (4 million), with the next highest group represented being financial services with 2.03 million (see infographic). However, searching LinkedIn will reveal a vast diversity of companies and individuals onboard.
The network has diversified in other ways, too. It's no longer a directory of professionals and firms, today it has more of a community feel about it as well as being a go-to source for news and making contacts in a multitude of disciplines.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...