News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
LinkedIn boasts 200 million members from over 200 countries
Since 2011, LinkedIn has doubled its membership and now boasts more members than the populations of the UK, France, and Italy combined. Check out these stats about the largest online networking platform for professionals.
In the time it took you to read the introduction to this article, 20 new members signed up to the service, at a rate of 2 every second.
Such is the popularity of LinkedIn that they now boast more than 200 million users, "an important and exciting milestone for the company," wrote Deep Nishar, senior VP for products and user experience at LinkedIn.
"This milestone is more than just a metric -- it's a reminder of the global footprint and the scale of impact our network has each day," Nishar added.
LinkedIn passed 100 million users a little under two years ago, in March 2011, and has since focused on other countries to grow that number. The network is now offering its service in 19 different languages and says more than 64% of its users live outside the United States.
After the U.S., India, Brazil and the UK have the most LinkedIn users, and currently the fastest growing countries are Columbia, Indonesia and Turkey. According to the company, 74 million users are based in the U.S., 11 million are in the U.K., 7 million are in Canada, 18 million are in India and 11 million are based in Brazil.
It comes as no surprise to learn that tech firms dominate the network (4 million), with the next highest group represented being financial services with 2.03 million (see infographic). However, searching LinkedIn will reveal a vast diversity of companies and individuals onboard.
The network has diversified in other ways, too. It's no longer a directory of professionals and firms, today it has more of a community feel about it as well as being a go-to source for news and making contacts in a multitude of disciplines.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...