News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Kantar Media: Advertisers up spending in Q3 2012
Q4 numbers are yet to be calculated, but if Q3 is anything to go by, 2012 will end with a strong online ad showing. According to data out from Kantar Media the total US ad spend topped $34.5 million in Q3, helped along by the 2012 Olympic Games.
The top categories included television (15.3% increase in spending) and FSIs (17.3% increase in spending) while Magazines, Internet and Newspapers all showed declines of between 2% and 4%. Interestingly enough, both Radio (4.2% spending increase) and Outdoor (4.9% increase) had a strong showing through Q3.
In the lead-up to the always important holiday shopping season, the top advertisers according to Kantar included P&G, GM and Comcast; for the first time Berkshire Hathaway, INC hit the top 10 spenders, thanks to their sponsorship of the Olympic Games.
Meanwhile, eMarketer notes that the global ad spend is also showing steady increases, despite a still-struggling global economy. Their researchers suggest the total 2012 ad spend (global) will increase by more than 5% to reach more than $545 billion; researchers forecast that the global ad spend will increase between 4% and 5% each year through 2016, to reach more than $628 billion.
Latin America is leading the ad-race, with advertisers increasing their spending by 11% in 2012; Asia-Pacific (8.5% spending increase) and Eastern Europe (8.3% increase) are also showing strong growth rates.
For the US, eMarketer suggests ad spending will increase by 4.9% to hit $166 billion and by 2016, ad spending is expected to hit $189 billion.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...