News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iMessage takes 2 billion messages from carriers each day
Apple are very pleased with their recent announcement that iMessage is huge among their customers. However, carriers aren't going to take the news quite as well as the billions they generate in revenues from text messages take a hit.
How big is Apple's iMessage? Huge!
During Apple's latest earnings conference call, the company reported that more than two billion iMessages are now sent daily from 500 million Apple's devices (including iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches). It can even be run on Macs running the latest OS X Mountain Lion operating system with the built-in Messages application.
That's 2 billion less messages going via carriers.
iMessage has now exceeded 450 billion cumulative messages. It was only last June that Apple announced it was sending 1 billion messages a day and had reached 150 billion cumulative messages.
Also announced on Wednesday was a huge increase in the number of iCloud users, which saw a jump from 190 million in October to 250 million as of December.
Apple has sold over 500 million iOS devices since the first iPhone was released in 2007. The latest quarter saw the addition of 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads to that number.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...