News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iMessage takes 2 billion messages from carriers each day
Apple are very pleased with their recent announcement that iMessage is huge among their customers. However, carriers aren't going to take the news quite as well as the billions they generate in revenues from text messages take a hit.
How big is Apple's iMessage? Huge!
During Apple's latest earnings conference call, the company reported that more than two billion iMessages are now sent daily from 500 million Apple's devices (including iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches). It can even be run on Macs running the latest OS X Mountain Lion operating system with the built-in Messages application.
That's 2 billion less messages going via carriers.
iMessage has now exceeded 450 billion cumulative messages. It was only last June that Apple announced it was sending 1 billion messages a day and had reached 150 billion cumulative messages.
Also announced on Wednesday was a huge increase in the number of iCloud users, which saw a jump from 190 million in October to 250 million as of December.
Apple has sold over 500 million iOS devices since the first iPhone was released in 2007. The latest quarter saw the addition of 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads to that number.
- High viewability goals damaging ad campaign performance
- Retail: In-app purchases increasing as a percentage of digital sales
- Two countries, two different spending trends for Valentine's Day
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...