News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iMessage takes 2 billion messages from carriers each day
Apple are very pleased with their recent announcement that iMessage is huge among their customers. However, carriers aren't going to take the news quite as well as the billions they generate in revenues from text messages take a hit.
How big is Apple's iMessage? Huge!
During Apple's latest earnings conference call, the company reported that more than two billion iMessages are now sent daily from 500 million Apple's devices (including iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches). It can even be run on Macs running the latest OS X Mountain Lion operating system with the built-in Messages application.
That's 2 billion less messages going via carriers.
iMessage has now exceeded 450 billion cumulative messages. It was only last June that Apple announced it was sending 1 billion messages a day and had reached 150 billion cumulative messages.
Also announced on Wednesday was a huge increase in the number of iCloud users, which saw a jump from 190 million in October to 250 million as of December.
Apple has sold over 500 million iOS devices since the first iPhone was released in 2007. The latest quarter saw the addition of 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads to that number.
- Blogs play an important role in the path to purchase
- Black Friday, Millennials, shopping, standing in line and... spiders
- Amazon strikes a pose with huge fashion photography studio in London
- How does $1-$3 per month sound for an ad-free Internet experience?
- Study: How mobiles are influencing moms
- Survey: SMBs drawing a line at Thanksgiving
- Is free enterprise search a game-changer?
- Expert: How mobile is changing customer relationships
Featured White Papers
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....