News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How Native ads will change 2013 business
Native advertising is getting more buzz as brands look for better ways to engage. Native advertising, in a nutshell, is content that contains a branded message and integrates with websites indigenous news feeds/streams. This kind of advertising helps to create a deeper engagement level with the consumer.
Hayes Davis, CEO, Union Metrics: [Native advertising is] a challenge for advertisers because it requires more creativity, but the beauty of native ads is that the experience is seamless, so no matter what device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile devices) customers are using they get the ads in a consistent manner and can immediately engage in a natural way. As the performance of display ads continues to dwindle, brands and marketers will look to native advertising to connect with customers in a manner that is non-invasive and adds value -- therefore delivering higher ROIs. We are already seeing the emergence of such ads on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
Kristina: What can brands do now to integrate native ads?
Hayes: As marketers and brands begin to experiment with native ads they should keep in mind the platform and the type of media that resonates with the community. The content for a native ad on Twitter might not be the be same as one on Tumblr. Test various kinds of content and measure engagement to see what works for your brand and customers.
Kristina: How will advertising change in the New Year?
Hayes: ROI as measured by click-through rates will not be the holy grail of online advertising. In 2013, companies will see the value in building communities outside their own website presence and seek out ways to measure performance holistically by combining engagement metrics with more traditional attribution metrics.
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...