News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How Native ads will change 2013 business
Native advertising is getting more buzz as brands look for better ways to engage. Native advertising, in a nutshell, is content that contains a branded message and integrates with websites indigenous news feeds/streams. This kind of advertising helps to create a deeper engagement level with the consumer.
Hayes Davis, CEO, Union Metrics: [Native advertising is] a challenge for advertisers because it requires more creativity, but the beauty of native ads is that the experience is seamless, so no matter what device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile devices) customers are using they get the ads in a consistent manner and can immediately engage in a natural way. As the performance of display ads continues to dwindle, brands and marketers will look to native advertising to connect with customers in a manner that is non-invasive and adds value -- therefore delivering higher ROIs. We are already seeing the emergence of such ads on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
Kristina: What can brands do now to integrate native ads?
Hayes: As marketers and brands begin to experiment with native ads they should keep in mind the platform and the type of media that resonates with the community. The content for a native ad on Twitter might not be the be same as one on Tumblr. Test various kinds of content and measure engagement to see what works for your brand and customers.
Kristina: How will advertising change in the New Year?
Hayes: ROI as measured by click-through rates will not be the holy grail of online advertising. In 2013, companies will see the value in building communities outside their own website presence and seek out ways to measure performance holistically by combining engagement metrics with more traditional attribution metrics.
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
- Kinetic email boosts unique click and click-to-open rates
- Study: GenX, Y most likely to BOPIS
- Experts: Why points aren't enough for loyalty
- How to win the Amazon Buy Box
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...