News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How Native ads will change 2013 business
Native advertising is getting more buzz as brands look for better ways to engage. Native advertising, in a nutshell, is content that contains a branded message and integrates with websites indigenous news feeds/streams. This kind of advertising helps to create a deeper engagement level with the consumer.
Hayes Davis, CEO, Union Metrics: [Native advertising is] a challenge for advertisers because it requires more creativity, but the beauty of native ads is that the experience is seamless, so no matter what device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile devices) customers are using they get the ads in a consistent manner and can immediately engage in a natural way. As the performance of display ads continues to dwindle, brands and marketers will look to native advertising to connect with customers in a manner that is non-invasive and adds value -- therefore delivering higher ROIs. We are already seeing the emergence of such ads on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
Kristina: What can brands do now to integrate native ads?
Hayes: As marketers and brands begin to experiment with native ads they should keep in mind the platform and the type of media that resonates with the community. The content for a native ad on Twitter might not be the be same as one on Tumblr. Test various kinds of content and measure engagement to see what works for your brand and customers.
Kristina: How will advertising change in the New Year?
Hayes: ROI as measured by click-through rates will not be the holy grail of online advertising. In 2013, companies will see the value in building communities outside their own website presence and seek out ways to measure performance holistically by combining engagement metrics with more traditional attribution metrics.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....