News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How Native ads will change 2013 business
Native advertising is getting more buzz as brands look for better ways to engage. Native advertising, in a nutshell, is content that contains a branded message and integrates with websites indigenous news feeds/streams. This kind of advertising helps to create a deeper engagement level with the consumer.
Hayes Davis, CEO, Union Metrics: [Native advertising is] a challenge for advertisers because it requires more creativity, but the beauty of native ads is that the experience is seamless, so no matter what device (e.g. computer, tablet, mobile devices) customers are using they get the ads in a consistent manner and can immediately engage in a natural way. As the performance of display ads continues to dwindle, brands and marketers will look to native advertising to connect with customers in a manner that is non-invasive and adds value -- therefore delivering higher ROIs. We are already seeing the emergence of such ads on networks like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
Kristina: What can brands do now to integrate native ads?
Hayes: As marketers and brands begin to experiment with native ads they should keep in mind the platform and the type of media that resonates with the community. The content for a native ad on Twitter might not be the be same as one on Tumblr. Test various kinds of content and measure engagement to see what works for your brand and customers.
Kristina: How will advertising change in the New Year?
Hayes: ROI as measured by click-through rates will not be the holy grail of online advertising. In 2013, companies will see the value in building communities outside their own website presence and seek out ways to measure performance holistically by combining engagement metrics with more traditional attribution metrics.
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...