News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fiksu: 21% rise in cost to acquire new loyal mobile app user
Mobile-app marketing firm Fiksu has released data showing that the cost to acquire a new loyal user rose 21% in December 2012.
The number of new mobile devices being used at the end of last year, both Android and iOS, resulted in millions of new downloads in December. Christmas Day 2012 saw a record 17.4 million iOS and Android device activations, two and a half times more than Christmas Day 2011. That, in turn, has pushed up the cost to acquire a new loyal user*, found Fiksu.
The firm's index, which tracks this cost, shows a 21% rise in December, 2012, up 29 cents, bringing the acquisition cost to $1.67 up from $1.38 in November, 2012.
"Mobile app marketers are a year older and a year wiser compared to 2011, and we saw this reflected in the December Indexes," says Fiksu on their website. "Unlike 2011, this time many opted for a value-versus-volume approach in the lead up to the holiday, spreading out their spending and, collectively, applying a more conservative, sophisticated strategy to their Q4 campaigns. By understanding exactly how much a loyal user is worth to their business and keeping their costs below that level, savvy marketers were able to maximize ROI during the busy season without over-spending."
*The Cost per Loyal User Index measures the cost of acquiring a loyal user for brands who proactively market their apps. For the purposes of the Index, loyal users are defined as people who open an app three times or more.
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....