News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fiksu: 21% rise in cost to acquire new loyal mobile app user
Mobile-app marketing firm Fiksu has released data showing that the cost to acquire a new loyal user rose 21% in December 2012.
The number of new mobile devices being used at the end of last year, both Android and iOS, resulted in millions of new downloads in December. Christmas Day 2012 saw a record 17.4 million iOS and Android device activations, two and a half times more than Christmas Day 2011. That, in turn, has pushed up the cost to acquire a new loyal user*, found Fiksu.
The firm's index, which tracks this cost, shows a 21% rise in December, 2012, up 29 cents, bringing the acquisition cost to $1.67 up from $1.38 in November, 2012.
"Mobile app marketers are a year older and a year wiser compared to 2011, and we saw this reflected in the December Indexes," says Fiksu on their website. "Unlike 2011, this time many opted for a value-versus-volume approach in the lead up to the holiday, spreading out their spending and, collectively, applying a more conservative, sophisticated strategy to their Q4 campaigns. By understanding exactly how much a loyal user is worth to their business and keeping their costs below that level, savvy marketers were able to maximize ROI during the busy season without over-spending."
*The Cost per Loyal User Index measures the cost of acquiring a loyal user for brands who proactively market their apps. For the purposes of the Index, loyal users are defined as people who open an app three times or more.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...