News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fandango mobile ticket sales surge 171% in 2012
Now showing - Fandango's impressive 2012 growth in traffic and ticket sales, as reported last week by the Comcast-owned service.
2012 was a blockbuster year for movie information and ticketing platform Fandango. It was the best-performing year in the company's 12 year history, thanks in part to deals with the largest movie theater chains, and saw record highs in ticket sales, Internet traffic, mobile traffic and app downloads.
- 41 million monthly unique users during peak months;
- 57% annual growth in ticket sales;
- 34% annual growth in monthly visitors to online and mobile destinations;
- 31 million mobile app downloads (up from 25 million in Q2 2012).
Fandango's mobile business has seen huge success. In 2012 mobile ticket sales increased by a whopping 171% year-on-year and accounted for over 30% of overall ticket sales. Its mobile app featured consistently in the Top 10 free entertainment app listings for both iOS and Android in 2012.
Fandango now provides paperless ticketing to 10s of thousands of movie screens, allowing users to get them sent direct to their phone as scannable mobile barcodes.
"Our 2012 successes have further established Fandango as the go-to resource for the total moviegoing experience - from discovery, decision-making and ticketing, to going to the theater and sharing with friends after the credits roll," said Paul Yanover, president of Fandango. "In 2013, we'll continue our momentum and deliver advertising partners, exhibitors and moviegoers even more products, services and platforms that super-serve their needs."
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...