News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Fandango mobile ticket sales surge 171% in 2012
Now showing - Fandango's impressive 2012 growth in traffic and ticket sales, as reported last week by the Comcast-owned service.
2012 was a blockbuster year for movie information and ticketing platform Fandango. It was the best-performing year in the company's 12 year history, thanks in part to deals with the largest movie theater chains, and saw record highs in ticket sales, Internet traffic, mobile traffic and app downloads.
- 41 million monthly unique users during peak months;
- 57% annual growth in ticket sales;
- 34% annual growth in monthly visitors to online and mobile destinations;
- 31 million mobile app downloads (up from 25 million in Q2 2012).
Fandango's mobile business has seen huge success. In 2012 mobile ticket sales increased by a whopping 171% year-on-year and accounted for over 30% of overall ticket sales. Its mobile app featured consistently in the Top 10 free entertainment app listings for both iOS and Android in 2012.
Fandango now provides paperless ticketing to 10s of thousands of movie screens, allowing users to get them sent direct to their phone as scannable mobile barcodes.
"Our 2012 successes have further established Fandango as the go-to resource for the total moviegoing experience - from discovery, decision-making and ticketing, to going to the theater and sharing with friends after the credits roll," said Paul Yanover, president of Fandango. "In 2013, we'll continue our momentum and deliver advertising partners, exhibitors and moviegoers even more products, services and platforms that super-serve their needs."
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...