News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook has worst customer satisfaction rating of all social media
Facebook may be huge but, even with 1 billion users around the globe, the social networking giant isn't scoring well in customer satisfaction, according to new figures released by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index.
Pretty much every social media platform has beaten Facebook in the customer satisfaction stakes, according to the ACSI.
Google+ took top place among social media with a score of 78, along with Wikipedia. Meanwhile YouTube scored 73, Pinterest 69, Twitter 64 and LinkedIn scored 63.
Facebook's customer satisfaction rating fell to 61 from 66 in ACSI's 2011 study, making it the fifth in the Top 15 worst rated U.S. companies for customer service.
Speaking to SocialTimes.com, Larry Freed, CEO of customer experience firm ForeSee (an ASCI partner), said there are many reasons why customers are unhappy with Facebook, mostly to do with concerns about privacy policies, advertising and security issues.
"They're in a near monopoly situation: That's where everybody is and there's really no other game in town. Yet consumers are pretty dissatisfied with Facebook," Freed told SocialTimes.com.
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...