News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook has worst customer satisfaction rating of all social media
Facebook may be huge but, even with 1 billion users around the globe, the social networking giant isn't scoring well in customer satisfaction, according to new figures released by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index.
Pretty much every social media platform has beaten Facebook in the customer satisfaction stakes, according to the ACSI.
Google+ took top place among social media with a score of 78, along with Wikipedia. Meanwhile YouTube scored 73, Pinterest 69, Twitter 64 and LinkedIn scored 63.
Facebook's customer satisfaction rating fell to 61 from 66 in ACSI's 2011 study, making it the fifth in the Top 15 worst rated U.S. companies for customer service.
Speaking to SocialTimes.com, Larry Freed, CEO of customer experience firm ForeSee (an ASCI partner), said there are many reasons why customers are unhappy with Facebook, mostly to do with concerns about privacy policies, advertising and security issues.
"They're in a near monopoly situation: That's where everybody is and there's really no other game in town. Yet consumers are pretty dissatisfied with Facebook," Freed told SocialTimes.com.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...