News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook has worst customer satisfaction rating of all social media
Facebook may be huge but, even with 1 billion users around the globe, the social networking giant isn't scoring well in customer satisfaction, according to new figures released by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index.
Pretty much every social media platform has beaten Facebook in the customer satisfaction stakes, according to the ACSI.
Google+ took top place among social media with a score of 78, along with Wikipedia. Meanwhile YouTube scored 73, Pinterest 69, Twitter 64 and LinkedIn scored 63.
Facebook's customer satisfaction rating fell to 61 from 66 in ACSI's 2011 study, making it the fifth in the Top 15 worst rated U.S. companies for customer service.
Speaking to SocialTimes.com, Larry Freed, CEO of customer experience firm ForeSee (an ASCI partner), said there are many reasons why customers are unhappy with Facebook, mostly to do with concerns about privacy policies, advertising and security issues.
"They're in a near monopoly situation: That's where everybody is and there's really no other game in town. Yet consumers are pretty dissatisfied with Facebook," Freed told SocialTimes.com.
- 2016 festive shopping season will be longer, busier, and break records
- Amazon announces 5x uptick in Dash button use
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....