News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook has worst customer satisfaction rating of all social media
Facebook may be huge but, even with 1 billion users around the globe, the social networking giant isn't scoring well in customer satisfaction, according to new figures released by the American Consumer Satisfaction Index.
Pretty much every social media platform has beaten Facebook in the customer satisfaction stakes, according to the ACSI.
Google+ took top place among social media with a score of 78, along with Wikipedia. Meanwhile YouTube scored 73, Pinterest 69, Twitter 64 and LinkedIn scored 63.
Facebook's customer satisfaction rating fell to 61 from 66 in ACSI's 2011 study, making it the fifth in the Top 15 worst rated U.S. companies for customer service.
Speaking to SocialTimes.com, Larry Freed, CEO of customer experience firm ForeSee (an ASCI partner), said there are many reasons why customers are unhappy with Facebook, mostly to do with concerns about privacy policies, advertising and security issues.
"They're in a near monopoly situation: That's where everybody is and there's really no other game in town. Yet consumers are pretty dissatisfied with Facebook," Freed told SocialTimes.com.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...