News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces larger 'Pages You Might Like' ads in mobile newsfeeds
An announcement on Facebook's Australia and New Zealand marketing Page reveals the imminent introduction of larger Page Like ads on mobile news feeds.
Users of Facebook on mobile touchscreen devices will soon be presented with larger "Pages You Might Like" links in newsfeeds. A screenshot example was provided in their January 10 Facebook announcement:
The aim, says Facebook in its announcement, is for all advertisers to benefit from "the performance of the most engaging placement on Facebook".
There's no doubt that concerns will be aired from both users and Facebook advertisers who are treading a fine line between advertising and annoying their Fans. However, Facebook needs to appease its shareholders and find new ways of generating revenue.
"This change will allow advertisers to reach an even larger audience, through the most engaging placement of the site, with an ad unit optimized to convert people into fans," says the Facebook update.
"We are also working towards making Page Like ads eligible to appear on all of our other mobile experiences (including our native iPhone and Android applications) in the next couple of months, and started testing Page Like ads in news feed desktop with a small percentage of users."
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...