News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces larger 'Pages You Might Like' ads in mobile newsfeeds
An announcement on Facebook's Australia and New Zealand marketing Page reveals the imminent introduction of larger Page Like ads on mobile news feeds.
Users of Facebook on mobile touchscreen devices will soon be presented with larger "Pages You Might Like" links in newsfeeds. A screenshot example was provided in their January 10 Facebook announcement:
The aim, says Facebook in its announcement, is for all advertisers to benefit from "the performance of the most engaging placement on Facebook".
There's no doubt that concerns will be aired from both users and Facebook advertisers who are treading a fine line between advertising and annoying their Fans. However, Facebook needs to appease its shareholders and find new ways of generating revenue.
"This change will allow advertisers to reach an even larger audience, through the most engaging placement of the site, with an ad unit optimized to convert people into fans," says the Facebook update.
"We are also working towards making Page Like ads eligible to appear on all of our other mobile experiences (including our native iPhone and Android applications) in the next couple of months, and started testing Page Like ads in news feed desktop with a small percentage of users."
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
- Top 3 tips to improve employee productivity
Featured White Papers
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...
- How to Maximize, Manage, and Measure Organic Search
Organic search delivers high-quality traffic and revenue with a high contribution margin. But organic search is hard, and it's getting...