News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces larger 'Pages You Might Like' ads in mobile newsfeeds
An announcement on Facebook's Australia and New Zealand marketing Page reveals the imminent introduction of larger Page Like ads on mobile news feeds.
Users of Facebook on mobile touchscreen devices will soon be presented with larger "Pages You Might Like" links in newsfeeds. A screenshot example was provided in their January 10 Facebook announcement:
The aim, says Facebook in its announcement, is for all advertisers to benefit from "the performance of the most engaging placement on Facebook".
There's no doubt that concerns will be aired from both users and Facebook advertisers who are treading a fine line between advertising and annoying their Fans. However, Facebook needs to appease its shareholders and find new ways of generating revenue.
"This change will allow advertisers to reach an even larger audience, through the most engaging placement of the site, with an ad unit optimized to convert people into fans," says the Facebook update.
"We are also working towards making Page Like ads eligible to appear on all of our other mobile experiences (including our native iPhone and Android applications) in the next couple of months, and started testing Page Like ads in news feed desktop with a small percentage of users."
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...