News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces larger 'Pages You Might Like' ads in mobile newsfeeds
An announcement on Facebook's Australia and New Zealand marketing Page reveals the imminent introduction of larger Page Like ads on mobile news feeds.
Users of Facebook on mobile touchscreen devices will soon be presented with larger "Pages You Might Like" links in newsfeeds. A screenshot example was provided in their January 10 Facebook announcement:
The aim, says Facebook in its announcement, is for all advertisers to benefit from "the performance of the most engaging placement on Facebook".
There's no doubt that concerns will be aired from both users and Facebook advertisers who are treading a fine line between advertising and annoying their Fans. However, Facebook needs to appease its shareholders and find new ways of generating revenue.
"This change will allow advertisers to reach an even larger audience, through the most engaging placement of the site, with an ad unit optimized to convert people into fans," says the Facebook update.
"We are also working towards making Page Like ads eligible to appear on all of our other mobile experiences (including our native iPhone and Android applications) in the next couple of months, and started testing Page Like ads in news feed desktop with a small percentage of users."
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
- Top 3 tips to win with social this holiday season
Featured White Papers
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...
- Motivations in the Marketing Mix
Direct targeting of consumers based on their motivations increased message relevance....
- 10 New Ways to Think About Affiliate Marketing Best Practices
Affiliate marketing is big business and it is poised to grow to $4.5 billion by 2016. While affiliate marketing is...
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...