News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces larger 'Pages You Might Like' ads in mobile newsfeeds
An announcement on Facebook's Australia and New Zealand marketing Page reveals the imminent introduction of larger Page Like ads on mobile news feeds.
Users of Facebook on mobile touchscreen devices will soon be presented with larger "Pages You Might Like" links in newsfeeds. A screenshot example was provided in their January 10 Facebook announcement:
The aim, says Facebook in its announcement, is for all advertisers to benefit from "the performance of the most engaging placement on Facebook".
There's no doubt that concerns will be aired from both users and Facebook advertisers who are treading a fine line between advertising and annoying their Fans. However, Facebook needs to appease its shareholders and find new ways of generating revenue.
"This change will allow advertisers to reach an even larger audience, through the most engaging placement of the site, with an ad unit optimized to convert people into fans," says the Facebook update.
"We are also working towards making Page Like ads eligible to appear on all of our other mobile experiences (including our native iPhone and Android applications) in the next couple of months, and started testing Page Like ads in news feed desktop with a small percentage of users."
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...