News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How social will change in 2013 for brands
It's too early for social marketing to change? Not so says one expert. Heading into Q1 of 2013, an expert with newBrandAnalytics believes the social space will change - and for the better - for brands in the New Year. Here's how:
First, no more surveys - which may or may not hold relevant information. Surveys have been a long-standing online resource. But brands have struggled to get honest feedback; customer reviews, however, are on the increase and newBrandAnalytics expects review feedback to take the place of surveys this year.
"Many of the more progressive brands have already decided to eliminate surveys and instead focus on social feedback as their primary source for customer experience information," commented Kristin Muhlner, CEO newBrandAnalytics.
P.S. Don't look for star ratings to make a comeback. Online reviews are also expected to take the place of unreliable star reviews for products and services.
Meanwhile social analytics are expected to help brands get a holistic view not only of how campaigns and brand image is faring but of how employees are performing.
Finally, local is the new black. And not just the city or suburb where a business is located. Beginning this year, brands will begin looking at 'local' as everywhere because the Internet makes it easier to communicate and stay in contact with consumers around the globe.
"Tip O'Neill said 'All politics is local.' It's no surprise, all customer experiences are local, too," said Muhlner.
Rather that launched different campaigns for every city in the US or the Western Hemisphere, for example, Muhlner expects brands to localize social reviews and use alerts platforms to deliver more relevant messaging to shoppers.
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....