News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How social will change in 2013 for brands
It's too early for social marketing to change? Not so says one expert. Heading into Q1 of 2013, an expert with newBrandAnalytics believes the social space will change - and for the better - for brands in the New Year. Here's how:
First, no more surveys - which may or may not hold relevant information. Surveys have been a long-standing online resource. But brands have struggled to get honest feedback; customer reviews, however, are on the increase and newBrandAnalytics expects review feedback to take the place of surveys this year.
"Many of the more progressive brands have already decided to eliminate surveys and instead focus on social feedback as their primary source for customer experience information," commented Kristin Muhlner, CEO newBrandAnalytics.
P.S. Don't look for star ratings to make a comeback. Online reviews are also expected to take the place of unreliable star reviews for products and services.
Meanwhile social analytics are expected to help brands get a holistic view not only of how campaigns and brand image is faring but of how employees are performing.
Finally, local is the new black. And not just the city or suburb where a business is located. Beginning this year, brands will begin looking at 'local' as everywhere because the Internet makes it easier to communicate and stay in contact with consumers around the globe.
"Tip O'Neill said 'All politics is local.' It's no surprise, all customer experiences are local, too," said Muhlner.
Rather that launched different campaigns for every city in the US or the Western Hemisphere, for example, Muhlner expects brands to localize social reviews and use alerts platforms to deliver more relevant messaging to shoppers.
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...