News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How social will change in 2013 for brands
It's too early for social marketing to change? Not so says one expert. Heading into Q1 of 2013, an expert with newBrandAnalytics believes the social space will change - and for the better - for brands in the New Year. Here's how:
First, no more surveys - which may or may not hold relevant information. Surveys have been a long-standing online resource. But brands have struggled to get honest feedback; customer reviews, however, are on the increase and newBrandAnalytics expects review feedback to take the place of surveys this year.
"Many of the more progressive brands have already decided to eliminate surveys and instead focus on social feedback as their primary source for customer experience information," commented Kristin Muhlner, CEO newBrandAnalytics.
P.S. Don't look for star ratings to make a comeback. Online reviews are also expected to take the place of unreliable star reviews for products and services.
Meanwhile social analytics are expected to help brands get a holistic view not only of how campaigns and brand image is faring but of how employees are performing.
Finally, local is the new black. And not just the city or suburb where a business is located. Beginning this year, brands will begin looking at 'local' as everywhere because the Internet makes it easier to communicate and stay in contact with consumers around the globe.
"Tip O'Neill said 'All politics is local.' It's no surprise, all customer experiences are local, too," said Muhlner.
Rather that launched different campaigns for every city in the US or the Western Hemisphere, for example, Muhlner expects brands to localize social reviews and use alerts platforms to deliver more relevant messaging to shoppers.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...