News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How social will change in 2013 for brands
It's too early for social marketing to change? Not so says one expert. Heading into Q1 of 2013, an expert with newBrandAnalytics believes the social space will change - and for the better - for brands in the New Year. Here's how:
First, no more surveys - which may or may not hold relevant information. Surveys have been a long-standing online resource. But brands have struggled to get honest feedback; customer reviews, however, are on the increase and newBrandAnalytics expects review feedback to take the place of surveys this year.
"Many of the more progressive brands have already decided to eliminate surveys and instead focus on social feedback as their primary source for customer experience information," commented Kristin Muhlner, CEO newBrandAnalytics.
P.S. Don't look for star ratings to make a comeback. Online reviews are also expected to take the place of unreliable star reviews for products and services.
Meanwhile social analytics are expected to help brands get a holistic view not only of how campaigns and brand image is faring but of how employees are performing.
Finally, local is the new black. And not just the city or suburb where a business is located. Beginning this year, brands will begin looking at 'local' as everywhere because the Internet makes it easier to communicate and stay in contact with consumers around the globe.
"Tip O'Neill said 'All politics is local.' It's no surprise, all customer experiences are local, too," said Muhlner.
Rather that launched different campaigns for every city in the US or the Western Hemisphere, for example, Muhlner expects brands to localize social reviews and use alerts platforms to deliver more relevant messaging to shoppers.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...