News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Candy more appealing than farming on Facebook
Facebook gamers have a sweet spot for a new game. It's called Candy Crush Saga and the confectionery-themed match puzzler now boasts 9.7 million or so users - almost one million more than FarmVille 2.
The game's developer, King.com, is fast becoming a challenger to Zynga.
"In less than 18 months King.com has become the second largest game developer on the Facebook Platform with 70 million monthly active users," Julien Codorniou, head of European gaming partnerships at Facebook.
Candy Crush Saga launched on Facebook in April, 2012, and subsequently became available across a growing number of platforms including the Internet, Android and iOS. The game is played more than 55 million times a day on the iOS and Android platforms alone.
Perhaps one of the most attractive features of the game is that it can be played on one device and synchronized with others. If you begin to play at home on the laptop but want to continue on a phone during the commute to work, you can.
King.com currently has two other games in the Facebook Top 10 - Bubble Witch Saga and Pet Rescue Saga.
At the end of 2012 Zynga pulled the plug on 11 of its existing titles having found itself stretched with so many games on the go.
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...