News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Candy more appealing than farming on Facebook
Facebook gamers have a sweet spot for a new game. It's called Candy Crush Saga and the confectionery-themed match puzzler now boasts 9.7 million or so users - almost one million more than FarmVille 2.
The game's developer, King.com, is fast becoming a challenger to Zynga.
"In less than 18 months King.com has become the second largest game developer on the Facebook Platform with 70 million monthly active users," Julien Codorniou, head of European gaming partnerships at Facebook.
Candy Crush Saga launched on Facebook in April, 2012, and subsequently became available across a growing number of platforms including the Internet, Android and iOS. The game is played more than 55 million times a day on the iOS and Android platforms alone.
Perhaps one of the most attractive features of the game is that it can be played on one device and synchronized with others. If you begin to play at home on the laptop but want to continue on a phone during the commute to work, you can.
King.com currently has two other games in the Facebook Top 10 - Bubble Witch Saga and Pet Rescue Saga.
At the end of 2012 Zynga pulled the plug on 11 of its existing titles having found itself stretched with so many games on the go.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...