News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: Real Time Bidding pushing mobile engagement
Nothing says mobile like real time information, and according to the latest Adfonic AdSnap, real time bidding (RTB) within mobile is pushing click through rates and improving overall ad performance. The verticals most likely to be impacting by mobile RTB include Style/Fasion (231% CTR increase), Social/Dating (191% CTR increase) and Legal (167% CTR increase) compared to non-RTB options.
The Adfonic report also notes that mobile RTB ad requests are higher than non-RTB requests.
"Mobile RTB is intensely rich in data. With the application of tech and smart algorithms, this data can yield insights into the make up of mobile audiences, ultimately pointing towards unification across channels," was written in the report. "When we look at the volume of demographic data available through mobile RTB, we see that there is nearly five times more age data in mobile RTB than non-RTB and nearly seven times the data relating to gender. This is the aggregation of information made available by publishers, second part data that the buyers own and third party data brought in."
The best ad combination of type and mobile RTB is rich media. Rich media in combination with mobile RTB showed a 53% uptick compared to non-RTB. Other interesting findings include:
• UK shows a performance uplift of 100% with mobile RTB
• The US shows a 97% uptick while Australia shows an 80% increase
• Holland and France are each over the 50% mark for mobile RTB performance
In the US, comScore reports the smartphones now have a 53% market penetration rate; more than 123 million US consumers now own smartphones. With those devices users are texting (75% share), using downloaded apps (54% share) and using mobile browsers (52% share).
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...