News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adfonic: Real Time Bidding pushing mobile engagement
Nothing says mobile like real time information, and according to the latest Adfonic AdSnap, real time bidding (RTB) within mobile is pushing click through rates and improving overall ad performance. The verticals most likely to be impacting by mobile RTB include Style/Fasion (231% CTR increase), Social/Dating (191% CTR increase) and Legal (167% CTR increase) compared to non-RTB options.
The Adfonic report also notes that mobile RTB ad requests are higher than non-RTB requests.
"Mobile RTB is intensely rich in data. With the application of tech and smart algorithms, this data can yield insights into the make up of mobile audiences, ultimately pointing towards unification across channels," was written in the report. "When we look at the volume of demographic data available through mobile RTB, we see that there is nearly five times more age data in mobile RTB than non-RTB and nearly seven times the data relating to gender. This is the aggregation of information made available by publishers, second part data that the buyers own and third party data brought in."
The best ad combination of type and mobile RTB is rich media. Rich media in combination with mobile RTB showed a 53% uptick compared to non-RTB. Other interesting findings include:
• UK shows a performance uplift of 100% with mobile RTB
• The US shows a 97% uptick while Australia shows an 80% increase
• Holland and France are each over the 50% mark for mobile RTB performance
In the US, comScore reports the smartphones now have a 53% market penetration rate; more than 123 million US consumers now own smartphones. With those devices users are texting (75% share), using downloaded apps (54% share) and using mobile browsers (52% share).
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...