News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
63% of travelers don't want to engage airlines, hotels via social media
Today's travel bookers and travelers aren't using social and mobile to interact with brands and book a vacation. New research from Deloitte reveals that it's the tried-and-tested online methods that remain popular today.
The Deloitte study, "A Restoration in Loyalty", focuses on the decline of loyalty among today's pragmatic travelers, citing that only 8% always stay at the same brand of hotel and just 14% always fly with the same airline.
It reveals that "while earning and redeeming points are the most important attributes for choosing hotel and airline loyalty programs, travel brands should focus on enhancing the customer experience, making rewards personally meaningful, encouraging loyalty with unexpected rewards if they want to boost consumer engagement, and ultimately building long-term customer relationships."
As well as other interesting loyalty and loyalty scheme findings, the study also touches on the use of, and attitudes towards, mobile and social media among travelers and travel bookers.
Deloitte found that the majority of consumers continue to use, and prefer, traditional online methods of interaction with a travel brand. Their desire for a secure and easy purchase process, discounts by email and up-to-date travel news means 61% of consumers use hotel websites most frequently and 59% use airline websites the most.
In fact, the research found that 63% of respondents don't want to interact with a travel brand via social media, and 44% never visit travel-related social media or review sites.
Mobile is also shunned by travelers - a whopping 80% have never downloaded a hotel or airline app to their mobile device.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...