News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
63% of travelers don't want to engage airlines, hotels via social media
Today's travel bookers and travelers aren't using social and mobile to interact with brands and book a vacation. New research from Deloitte reveals that it's the tried-and-tested online methods that remain popular today.
The Deloitte study, "A Restoration in Loyalty", focuses on the decline of loyalty among today's pragmatic travelers, citing that only 8% always stay at the same brand of hotel and just 14% always fly with the same airline.
It reveals that "while earning and redeeming points are the most important attributes for choosing hotel and airline loyalty programs, travel brands should focus on enhancing the customer experience, making rewards personally meaningful, encouraging loyalty with unexpected rewards if they want to boost consumer engagement, and ultimately building long-term customer relationships."
As well as other interesting loyalty and loyalty scheme findings, the study also touches on the use of, and attitudes towards, mobile and social media among travelers and travel bookers.
Deloitte found that the majority of consumers continue to use, and prefer, traditional online methods of interaction with a travel brand. Their desire for a secure and easy purchase process, discounts by email and up-to-date travel news means 61% of consumers use hotel websites most frequently and 59% use airline websites the most.
In fact, the research found that 63% of respondents don't want to interact with a travel brand via social media, and 44% never visit travel-related social media or review sites.
Mobile is also shunned by travelers - a whopping 80% have never downloaded a hotel or airline app to their mobile device.
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...