News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
63% of travelers don't want to engage airlines, hotels via social media
Today's travel bookers and travelers aren't using social and mobile to interact with brands and book a vacation. New research from Deloitte reveals that it's the tried-and-tested online methods that remain popular today.
The Deloitte study, "A Restoration in Loyalty", focuses on the decline of loyalty among today's pragmatic travelers, citing that only 8% always stay at the same brand of hotel and just 14% always fly with the same airline.
It reveals that "while earning and redeeming points are the most important attributes for choosing hotel and airline loyalty programs, travel brands should focus on enhancing the customer experience, making rewards personally meaningful, encouraging loyalty with unexpected rewards if they want to boost consumer engagement, and ultimately building long-term customer relationships."
As well as other interesting loyalty and loyalty scheme findings, the study also touches on the use of, and attitudes towards, mobile and social media among travelers and travel bookers.
Deloitte found that the majority of consumers continue to use, and prefer, traditional online methods of interaction with a travel brand. Their desire for a secure and easy purchase process, discounts by email and up-to-date travel news means 61% of consumers use hotel websites most frequently and 59% use airline websites the most.
In fact, the research found that 63% of respondents don't want to interact with a travel brand via social media, and 44% never visit travel-related social media or review sites.
Mobile is also shunned by travelers - a whopping 80% have never downloaded a hotel or airline app to their mobile device.
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...