News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
57% of UK brands now have mobile-optimized websites
UK brands are moving in the right direction by optimizing websites for mobile. The Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) wants marketers to make mobile mandatory in 2013 as consumers increasingly browse the web on their mobile devices.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have noticed that mobile has become a top consumer channel and an increasingly necessary marketing tool.
It's good to see, then, that brands have taken note of consumer preferences and behavior and are optimizing their websites for mobile users.
According to part two of the Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) mobile optimization study, there has been a significant drive among the top 100 UK brands to update their websites accordingly.
Overall, 57% of the top 100 brands now have a mobile optimized website that loads quickly and is easy for those using small screens and touch-screens to navigate. That's a 54% increase in just six months.
During 2013, the IAB will focus on getting brands to employ mobile marketing to engage with consumers, most of whom are now using their devices to browse the web more than they use their desktops.
"Our research shows that the industry is moving in the right direction, however with over 40% of the top 100 brands still not optimized there is still more to do to encourage brands to integrate mobile into their wider strategies," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It is encouraging to see that the effort the IAB, our mobile council and the wider industry has put into this area is starting to pay off and we will continue to work with our members to help companies make mobile mandatory in 2013."
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
- DMA (UK) poll reveals most 'marketing friendly' social network
- LinkedIn: 300 million connected, 3 billion to go
- Kenshoo: Paid search continues double-digit yearly growth
- New platform uses social components to increase engagement
- How Facebook, AdWords can work together
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...