News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
57% of UK brands now have mobile-optimized websites
UK brands are moving in the right direction by optimizing websites for mobile. The Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) wants marketers to make mobile mandatory in 2013 as consumers increasingly browse the web on their mobile devices.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have noticed that mobile has become a top consumer channel and an increasingly necessary marketing tool.
It's good to see, then, that brands have taken note of consumer preferences and behavior and are optimizing their websites for mobile users.
According to part two of the Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) mobile optimization study, there has been a significant drive among the top 100 UK brands to update their websites accordingly.
Overall, 57% of the top 100 brands now have a mobile optimized website that loads quickly and is easy for those using small screens and touch-screens to navigate. That's a 54% increase in just six months.
During 2013, the IAB will focus on getting brands to employ mobile marketing to engage with consumers, most of whom are now using their devices to browse the web more than they use their desktops.
"Our research shows that the industry is moving in the right direction, however with over 40% of the top 100 brands still not optimized there is still more to do to encourage brands to integrate mobile into their wider strategies," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It is encouraging to see that the effort the IAB, our mobile council and the wider industry has put into this area is starting to pay off and we will continue to work with our members to help companies make mobile mandatory in 2013."
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...