News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
57% of UK brands now have mobile-optimized websites
UK brands are moving in the right direction by optimizing websites for mobile. The Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) wants marketers to make mobile mandatory in 2013 as consumers increasingly browse the web on their mobile devices.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have noticed that mobile has become a top consumer channel and an increasingly necessary marketing tool.
It's good to see, then, that brands have taken note of consumer preferences and behavior and are optimizing their websites for mobile users.
According to part two of the Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) mobile optimization study, there has been a significant drive among the top 100 UK brands to update their websites accordingly.
Overall, 57% of the top 100 brands now have a mobile optimized website that loads quickly and is easy for those using small screens and touch-screens to navigate. That's a 54% increase in just six months.
During 2013, the IAB will focus on getting brands to employ mobile marketing to engage with consumers, most of whom are now using their devices to browse the web more than they use their desktops.
"Our research shows that the industry is moving in the right direction, however with over 40% of the top 100 brands still not optimized there is still more to do to encourage brands to integrate mobile into their wider strategies," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It is encouraging to see that the effort the IAB, our mobile council and the wider industry has put into this area is starting to pay off and we will continue to work with our members to help companies make mobile mandatory in 2013."
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...