News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
57% of UK brands now have mobile-optimized websites
UK brands are moving in the right direction by optimizing websites for mobile. The Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) wants marketers to make mobile mandatory in 2013 as consumers increasingly browse the web on their mobile devices.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have noticed that mobile has become a top consumer channel and an increasingly necessary marketing tool.
It's good to see, then, that brands have taken note of consumer preferences and behavior and are optimizing their websites for mobile users.
According to part two of the Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) mobile optimization study, there has been a significant drive among the top 100 UK brands to update their websites accordingly.
Overall, 57% of the top 100 brands now have a mobile optimized website that loads quickly and is easy for those using small screens and touch-screens to navigate. That's a 54% increase in just six months.
During 2013, the IAB will focus on getting brands to employ mobile marketing to engage with consumers, most of whom are now using their devices to browse the web more than they use their desktops.
"Our research shows that the industry is moving in the right direction, however with over 40% of the top 100 brands still not optimized there is still more to do to encourage brands to integrate mobile into their wider strategies," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It is encouraging to see that the effort the IAB, our mobile council and the wider industry has put into this area is starting to pay off and we will continue to work with our members to help companies make mobile mandatory in 2013."
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...