News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
57% of UK brands now have mobile-optimized websites
UK brands are moving in the right direction by optimizing websites for mobile. The Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) wants marketers to make mobile mandatory in 2013 as consumers increasingly browse the web on their mobile devices.
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past year or so, you'll have noticed that mobile has become a top consumer channel and an increasingly necessary marketing tool.
It's good to see, then, that brands have taken note of consumer preferences and behavior and are optimizing their websites for mobile users.
According to part two of the Internet Advertising Bureau (UK) mobile optimization study, there has been a significant drive among the top 100 UK brands to update their websites accordingly.
Overall, 57% of the top 100 brands now have a mobile optimized website that loads quickly and is easy for those using small screens and touch-screens to navigate. That's a 54% increase in just six months.
During 2013, the IAB will focus on getting brands to employ mobile marketing to engage with consumers, most of whom are now using their devices to browse the web more than they use their desktops.
"Our research shows that the industry is moving in the right direction, however with over 40% of the top 100 brands still not optimized there is still more to do to encourage brands to integrate mobile into their wider strategies," said the IAB's senior mobile manager, Alex Kozloff. "It is encouraging to see that the effort the IAB, our mobile council and the wider industry has put into this area is starting to pay off and we will continue to work with our members to help companies make mobile mandatory in 2013."
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...