News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11.3 billion video ads viewed in December 2012
Over half of the U.S. population saw a video ad in December, 2012, with an average of 70 ads seen by each user, according to comScore's latest data.
Internet users watched 11.3 billion online video ads last month, reports comScore. That figure represents 22% of the 38.7 billion online videos watched in the month.
Once again, Google Sites received the most video ad views for the month with 2 billion compared with the 1.8 billion for both the BrightRoll Video Network and Liverail.com.
In terms of time spent watching video ads, the BrightRoll Video Network delivered the highest duration at 966 minutes (16.1 hours). Meanwhile Hulu delivered the highest frequency of ads with an average of 65 compared to 20 ads per viewer by Google Sites.
In terms of unique viewers for online video content, Google Sites again ranked number one with 153 million in December 2012. Facebook came in second with over 58 million unique viewers.
My colleague, Kristina Knight, recently spoke to Jay Miletsky, CEO of MyPod Studios, to find out the type of video content that gets the attention of today's consumers.
- Expert: How to use events as lead-gen
- Study: Brands keen on cross-channel but falling short
- Fraudlogix IDs 'least fraudulent' sites
- Are you EMV-ready? If not, it could prove costly.
- Who are the ad blockers and why are they blocking?
- Expert: EMV switch may not stop fraud
- Study: Families planning for Halloween
- New IAB guidelines to foster consumer trust in content marketing
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...