News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11.3 billion video ads viewed in December 2012
Over half of the U.S. population saw a video ad in December, 2012, with an average of 70 ads seen by each user, according to comScore's latest data.
Internet users watched 11.3 billion online video ads last month, reports comScore. That figure represents 22% of the 38.7 billion online videos watched in the month.
Once again, Google Sites received the most video ad views for the month with 2 billion compared with the 1.8 billion for both the BrightRoll Video Network and Liverail.com.
In terms of time spent watching video ads, the BrightRoll Video Network delivered the highest duration at 966 minutes (16.1 hours). Meanwhile Hulu delivered the highest frequency of ads with an average of 65 compared to 20 ads per viewer by Google Sites.
In terms of unique viewers for online video content, Google Sites again ranked number one with 153 million in December 2012. Facebook came in second with over 58 million unique viewers.
My colleague, Kristina Knight, recently spoke to Jay Miletsky, CEO of MyPod Studios, to find out the type of video content that gets the attention of today's consumers.
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...