News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
11.3 billion video ads viewed in December 2012
Over half of the U.S. population saw a video ad in December, 2012, with an average of 70 ads seen by each user, according to comScore's latest data.
Internet users watched 11.3 billion online video ads last month, reports comScore. That figure represents 22% of the 38.7 billion online videos watched in the month.
Once again, Google Sites received the most video ad views for the month with 2 billion compared with the 1.8 billion for both the BrightRoll Video Network and Liverail.com.
In terms of time spent watching video ads, the BrightRoll Video Network delivered the highest duration at 966 minutes (16.1 hours). Meanwhile Hulu delivered the highest frequency of ads with an average of 65 compared to 20 ads per viewer by Google Sites.
In terms of unique viewers for online video content, Google Sites again ranked number one with 153 million in December 2012. Facebook came in second with over 58 million unique viewers.
My colleague, Kristina Knight, recently spoke to Jay Miletsky, CEO of MyPod Studios, to find out the type of video content that gets the attention of today's consumers.
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
- Product page conversion rates average 8%
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...