News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 mobile users plan to up their use of mobile payments in 2013
Mobile devices are working their way into every aspect of daily life. Research from Prosper Mobile Insights found that mobile devices are also helping users make life changes.
According to Prosper Mobile Insights' latest analysis, more than a quarter (26.6%) of mobile users plan to use their device to help them stick at New Year's resolutions.
More women (29.4%) than men (23.6%) plan to use their smartphone or tablet to keep them on track, whether they are attempting to quit smoking, shift some weight or make more of an effort to connect with relatives.
The most common resolutions being tracked by mobile are being on time (74.9%), keeping in touch with people (64.6%) and budgeting (48.6%).
Overall, a third (33.7%) of mobile users said they planned to use their device more in 2013 than they did last year. Less than 6% intend to use their device less. Furthermore, mobile users have plans to use their devices for more online shopping in 2013 and 23% want to up their use of mobile payments.
"Fresh off a holiday season which saw record numbers of consumers headed online, it's interesting to note that nearly a quarter of Mobile Users are resolving to use their devices more often for shopping and payments," said Pam Goodfellow, Consumer Insights Director, BIGinsight. "Clearly, the line between e-commerce and m-commerce will continue to blur into the New Year as the term 'online shopping' evolves."
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...