News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 mobile users plan to up their use of mobile payments in 2013
Mobile devices are working their way into every aspect of daily life. Research from Prosper Mobile Insights found that mobile devices are also helping users make life changes.
According to Prosper Mobile Insights' latest analysis, more than a quarter (26.6%) of mobile users plan to use their device to help them stick at New Year's resolutions.
More women (29.4%) than men (23.6%) plan to use their smartphone or tablet to keep them on track, whether they are attempting to quit smoking, shift some weight or make more of an effort to connect with relatives.
The most common resolutions being tracked by mobile are being on time (74.9%), keeping in touch with people (64.6%) and budgeting (48.6%).
Overall, a third (33.7%) of mobile users said they planned to use their device more in 2013 than they did last year. Less than 6% intend to use their device less. Furthermore, mobile users have plans to use their devices for more online shopping in 2013 and 23% want to up their use of mobile payments.
"Fresh off a holiday season which saw record numbers of consumers headed online, it's interesting to note that nearly a quarter of Mobile Users are resolving to use their devices more often for shopping and payments," said Pam Goodfellow, Consumer Insights Director, BIGinsight. "Clearly, the line between e-commerce and m-commerce will continue to blur into the New Year as the term 'online shopping' evolves."
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...