News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Windsor Circle finds increase in buyers returning to cyber shop
The e-tail totals are in for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, showing strong increases in online buying across the board. The days ended at more than $1 billion spent online. But new data out from Windsor Circle goes a bit farther, showing who is shopping on which day - information that could help retailers when the 2013 holidays come around.
According to Windsor Circle, both one-time buyers and repeat buyers headed to cyber storefronts on Cyber Monday and Black Friday in droves.
Cyber Monday had the largest share of the total revenue for the 5 day period in 2012 (47.1%); Black Friday showed a 21.6% share of total revenue. Meanwhile, Cyber Monday also saw the largest share of repeat buyer revenue (42.4%). Black Friday saw a 23.7% share of revenue and also showed the highest growth rate for repeat buyer revenue. Black Friday was also the only day seeing higher revenue numbers from repeat customer than from one time buyers.
"Black Friday saw the slowest growth in one-time buyers, at 85% YoY, of the 5-day period, while it saw the fastest growth across the 5-day period in revenue from repeat buyers, at 58.4%, surpassing even Cyber Monday. And while the overall growth in revenue from one-time buyers surpassed that of repeat buyers 2 to 1, Black Friday emerged the day with the largest weighting of revenue from repeat purchases," was written in the report.
Other interesting data from the report includes:
• One-time buyers increased 85% for the entire Thanksgiving weekend
• One-time buyers increased 125% Cyber Monday (2011 vs. 2012)
• Revenue from repeat buyers increased 49.5% for the holiday weekend
This data is an indicator that brands might push higher sales by targeting repeat buyers on Black Friday and targeting one-time buyers on Cyber Monday. Of those shopping for tablets, 44% said retail sites performed better in 2012 than last year.
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...