News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Windsor Circle finds increase in buyers returning to cyber shop
The e-tail totals are in for both Black Friday and Cyber Monday, showing strong increases in online buying across the board. The days ended at more than $1 billion spent online. But new data out from Windsor Circle goes a bit farther, showing who is shopping on which day - information that could help retailers when the 2013 holidays come around.
According to Windsor Circle, both one-time buyers and repeat buyers headed to cyber storefronts on Cyber Monday and Black Friday in droves.
Cyber Monday had the largest share of the total revenue for the 5 day period in 2012 (47.1%); Black Friday showed a 21.6% share of total revenue. Meanwhile, Cyber Monday also saw the largest share of repeat buyer revenue (42.4%). Black Friday saw a 23.7% share of revenue and also showed the highest growth rate for repeat buyer revenue. Black Friday was also the only day seeing higher revenue numbers from repeat customer than from one time buyers.
"Black Friday saw the slowest growth in one-time buyers, at 85% YoY, of the 5-day period, while it saw the fastest growth across the 5-day period in revenue from repeat buyers, at 58.4%, surpassing even Cyber Monday. And while the overall growth in revenue from one-time buyers surpassed that of repeat buyers 2 to 1, Black Friday emerged the day with the largest weighting of revenue from repeat purchases," was written in the report.
Other interesting data from the report includes:
• One-time buyers increased 85% for the entire Thanksgiving weekend
• One-time buyers increased 125% Cyber Monday (2011 vs. 2012)
• Revenue from repeat buyers increased 49.5% for the holiday weekend
This data is an indicator that brands might push higher sales by targeting repeat buyers on Black Friday and targeting one-time buyers on Cyber Monday. Of those shopping for tablets, 44% said retail sites performed better in 2012 than last year.
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...