News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What the increase in online shopping means for retailers
Over the first month (November 1 through December 2) online spending is up 14% (2011 vs. 2012); added to that three individual days have surpassed the $1 billion mark. What does this increase in online shopping mean for retailers? Our expert weighs in.
Kristina: How is mobile faring with this increase of shoppers and purchase conversions?
Matt Grebow, Senior Manager, Paid Media, The Search Agency: In Q3 2012, mobile (smartphone + tablet) accounted for 22% of all click traffic on search. Over the five day holiday period in 2012 (11/22-11/26), 27.5% of click traffic was from mobile devices. Whether for direct purchasing or for researching and informing purchase behaviors, mobile is playing a rapidly increasing role in the purchase decision process. Advertisers should analyze their conversion data to determine how multiple channels are informing purchase behavior.
Kristina: Three days, according to comScore, have now pushed past the $1 billion mark (ecommerce, 2012); what does this mean for merchants?
Matt: Merchants can no longer afford to be present through traditional means. The 2010 playbook for holiday promotions and planning must evolve with the trends, which includes innovative, differentiating approaches to remain relevant with the changing audience behaviors. Smartphone and tablet strategies are requirements for success.
Kristina: What shopping trends are you seeing from mobile consumers this holiday season?
Matt: The simple answer is research. Consumers are getting savvier at finding the best deals possible and when they need information, they turn to their smartphones. Every purchase is a considered purchase now, no matter how much is being spent.
More from Matt and The Search Agency on Monday, including tips for creating a more user-friendly mobile space.
- Report: In mobile, color matters
- Vungle releases ad tool, integrates with Adap.TV
- Multifactor authentication added to RoboForm
- Research reveals which website image format results in happier visitors
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...