News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK consumers use multiple channels for news updates
A new study from mobile ad network Mojiva reveals Brits are the most frequent users of mobile news in all of Europe with over half checking at least two news sites or news apps each and every day.
Mojiva's report, "The State of Mobile News Consumption", found that 1 in 5 smartphone users in the UK get their primary news updates from a mobile device. From the 1,000 survey participants it was ascertained that, of all the EU5 countries, the UK has the highest percentage of frequent mobile news users at 46.8%.
According to Mojiva's VP of Global Research and Strategic Communications, Amy Vale, consumers aren't necessarily abandoning one news platform for another. Instead, they are "morphing into 'multi-platform' consumers for different news experiences".
For example, reading news in print form or online still takes place and, says Vale, is a much more immersive experience. News received via mobile, however, provides consumers with up-to-the-minute information while on-the-go.
In the UK, TV still comes before mobile as a source for breaking news with 29% citing it as a top source versus 20% who become aware of breaking news via their mobile device.
However, more than two-thirds of respondents (69%) stated that they would not pay for a subscription to access their favorite news source from a mobile device.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...