News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK consumers use multiple channels for news updates
A new study from mobile ad network Mojiva reveals Brits are the most frequent users of mobile news in all of Europe with over half checking at least two news sites or news apps each and every day.
Mojiva's report, "The State of Mobile News Consumption", found that 1 in 5 smartphone users in the UK get their primary news updates from a mobile device. From the 1,000 survey participants it was ascertained that, of all the EU5 countries, the UK has the highest percentage of frequent mobile news users at 46.8%.
According to Mojiva's VP of Global Research and Strategic Communications, Amy Vale, consumers aren't necessarily abandoning one news platform for another. Instead, they are "morphing into 'multi-platform' consumers for different news experiences".
For example, reading news in print form or online still takes place and, says Vale, is a much more immersive experience. News received via mobile, however, provides consumers with up-to-the-minute information while on-the-go.
In the UK, TV still comes before mobile as a source for breaking news with 29% citing it as a top source versus 20% who become aware of breaking news via their mobile device.
However, more than two-thirds of respondents (69%) stated that they would not pay for a subscription to access their favorite news source from a mobile device.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...