News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK consumers use multiple channels for news updates
A new study from mobile ad network Mojiva reveals Brits are the most frequent users of mobile news in all of Europe with over half checking at least two news sites or news apps each and every day.
Mojiva's report, "The State of Mobile News Consumption", found that 1 in 5 smartphone users in the UK get their primary news updates from a mobile device. From the 1,000 survey participants it was ascertained that, of all the EU5 countries, the UK has the highest percentage of frequent mobile news users at 46.8%.
According to Mojiva's VP of Global Research and Strategic Communications, Amy Vale, consumers aren't necessarily abandoning one news platform for another. Instead, they are "morphing into 'multi-platform' consumers for different news experiences".
For example, reading news in print form or online still takes place and, says Vale, is a much more immersive experience. News received via mobile, however, provides consumers with up-to-the-minute information while on-the-go.
In the UK, TV still comes before mobile as a source for breaking news with 29% citing it as a top source versus 20% who become aware of breaking news via their mobile device.
However, more than two-thirds of respondents (69%) stated that they would not pay for a subscription to access their favorite news source from a mobile device.
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...