News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK consumers use multiple channels for news updates
A new study from mobile ad network Mojiva reveals Brits are the most frequent users of mobile news in all of Europe with over half checking at least two news sites or news apps each and every day.
Mojiva's report, "The State of Mobile News Consumption", found that 1 in 5 smartphone users in the UK get their primary news updates from a mobile device. From the 1,000 survey participants it was ascertained that, of all the EU5 countries, the UK has the highest percentage of frequent mobile news users at 46.8%.
According to Mojiva's VP of Global Research and Strategic Communications, Amy Vale, consumers aren't necessarily abandoning one news platform for another. Instead, they are "morphing into 'multi-platform' consumers for different news experiences".
For example, reading news in print form or online still takes place and, says Vale, is a much more immersive experience. News received via mobile, however, provides consumers with up-to-the-minute information while on-the-go.
In the UK, TV still comes before mobile as a source for breaking news with 29% citing it as a top source versus 20% who become aware of breaking news via their mobile device.
However, more than two-thirds of respondents (69%) stated that they would not pay for a subscription to access their favorite news source from a mobile device.
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....