News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 90% of 12-15 year olds access the Internet every day
When digital agency Crab Creative looked at Ofcom data about the media usage of 12 - 15 year olds in the UK they uncovered some interest stats about which media they prefer and how much they are engaged.
In fact, just 17% of kids today say they would miss television, but woe betide anyone who takes away their Internet and mobile access. Kids spent 17 hours each week accessing the Internet, about the same amount of time they spend watching TV.
Nearly all (90%) of 12 - 15 year olds in the U.K. access the Internet every day, and weekly Internet usage continues to rise steadily. Of particular interest is that, despite their young age, not all have their Internet use monitored with 43% going online in the privacy of their bedroom. Sixty-two percent own a smartphone and 44% access the Internet from their device..
Gaming on mobile devices is also on the rise, with a 9% increase compared to a 5% decrease in the number playing games on a hand-held console.
Earlier this year, Nielsen revealed that children even younger than 12 are using a tablet - 70% according to the research. For many they are a techie pacifier with over half (55%) of parents using a tablet to keep their children occupied during long car trips and 41% giving them to their children to keep them quiet in restaurants. More than three-quarters of the parents surveyed (77%) said they let their children use their tablets to play downloaded games while 57% said their children use educational apps.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...