News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 90% of 12-15 year olds access the Internet every day
When digital agency Crab Creative looked at Ofcom data about the media usage of 12 - 15 year olds in the UK they uncovered some interest stats about which media they prefer and how much they are engaged.
In fact, just 17% of kids today say they would miss television, but woe betide anyone who takes away their Internet and mobile access. Kids spent 17 hours each week accessing the Internet, about the same amount of time they spend watching TV.
Nearly all (90%) of 12 - 15 year olds in the U.K. access the Internet every day, and weekly Internet usage continues to rise steadily. Of particular interest is that, despite their young age, not all have their Internet use monitored with 43% going online in the privacy of their bedroom. Sixty-two percent own a smartphone and 44% access the Internet from their device..
Gaming on mobile devices is also on the rise, with a 9% increase compared to a 5% decrease in the number playing games on a hand-held console.
Earlier this year, Nielsen revealed that children even younger than 12 are using a tablet - 70% according to the research. For many they are a techie pacifier with over half (55%) of parents using a tablet to keep their children occupied during long car trips and 41% giving them to their children to keep them quiet in restaurants. More than three-quarters of the parents surveyed (77%) said they let their children use their tablets to play downloaded games while 57% said their children use educational apps.
- Survey IDs best cities for small businesses
- Expert IDs trends to watch in mobile video
- Researchers developing a super-adblocker
- Expert: How retailers can improve tentpole events
- With rise of connected Gen Y, retailers must be fit for the future
- Gaming video content audiences exceed those of HBO and ESPN
- Apple Pay adoption and use continues to wane
- Study: Mobile becoming a loyalty draw
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...