News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 90% of 12-15 year olds access the Internet every day
When digital agency Crab Creative looked at Ofcom data about the media usage of 12 - 15 year olds in the UK they uncovered some interest stats about which media they prefer and how much they are engaged.
In fact, just 17% of kids today say they would miss television, but woe betide anyone who takes away their Internet and mobile access. Kids spent 17 hours each week accessing the Internet, about the same amount of time they spend watching TV.
Nearly all (90%) of 12 - 15 year olds in the U.K. access the Internet every day, and weekly Internet usage continues to rise steadily. Of particular interest is that, despite their young age, not all have their Internet use monitored with 43% going online in the privacy of their bedroom. Sixty-two percent own a smartphone and 44% access the Internet from their device..
Gaming on mobile devices is also on the rise, with a 9% increase compared to a 5% decrease in the number playing games on a hand-held console.
Earlier this year, Nielsen revealed that children even younger than 12 are using a tablet - 70% according to the research. For many they are a techie pacifier with over half (55%) of parents using a tablet to keep their children occupied during long car trips and 41% giving them to their children to keep them quiet in restaurants. More than three-quarters of the parents surveyed (77%) said they let their children use their tablets to play downloaded games while 57% said their children use educational apps.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...