News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: 90% of 12-15 year olds access the Internet every day
When digital agency Crab Creative looked at Ofcom data about the media usage of 12 - 15 year olds in the UK they uncovered some interest stats about which media they prefer and how much they are engaged.
In fact, just 17% of kids today say they would miss television, but woe betide anyone who takes away their Internet and mobile access. Kids spent 17 hours each week accessing the Internet, about the same amount of time they spend watching TV.
Nearly all (90%) of 12 - 15 year olds in the U.K. access the Internet every day, and weekly Internet usage continues to rise steadily. Of particular interest is that, despite their young age, not all have their Internet use monitored with 43% going online in the privacy of their bedroom. Sixty-two percent own a smartphone and 44% access the Internet from their device..
Gaming on mobile devices is also on the rise, with a 9% increase compared to a 5% decrease in the number playing games on a hand-held console.
Earlier this year, Nielsen revealed that children even younger than 12 are using a tablet - 70% according to the research. For many they are a techie pacifier with over half (55%) of parents using a tablet to keep their children occupied during long car trips and 41% giving them to their children to keep them quiet in restaurants. More than three-quarters of the parents surveyed (77%) said they let their children use their tablets to play downloaded games while 57% said their children use educational apps.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...