News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Email most valued festive marketing channel
When online marketing services supplier eCircle surveyed marketing industry experts as to which channel they thought increased consumer spending during the holiday season, almost all agreed that it was email.
Marketing industry experts from the UK, France and Germany were surveyed by eCircle and 93% agreed that email would be the channel to increase overall consumer spending this festive season.
Four in 10 believe that email marketing can increase holiday sales by 10% and a third plan to increase the frequency of their campaign during this time by 10%.
However, upping the frequency of email campaigns can have a detrimental effect, a bit like too many status updates on social media.
eCircle's survey found that another third plan to make no changes to the frequency of existing email campaigns which, says Simon Bowker, Managing Director of eCircle UK, "confirms that marketers recognize it is quality over quantity that matters, and they don't need to increase the frequency of their campaign in order to drive this high return".
In contrast to the experts' views on the value of email are those for other channels such as social and SEO. Social media was considered the fourth most important channel with 20% while SEO/SEM were viewed as 'very important' by 33%. Just 19% viewed display advertising as 'very important' and 16% cited affiliate marketing.
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....