News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Email most valued festive marketing channel
When online marketing services supplier eCircle surveyed marketing industry experts as to which channel they thought increased consumer spending during the holiday season, almost all agreed that it was email.
Marketing industry experts from the UK, France and Germany were surveyed by eCircle and 93% agreed that email would be the channel to increase overall consumer spending this festive season.
Four in 10 believe that email marketing can increase holiday sales by 10% and a third plan to increase the frequency of their campaign during this time by 10%.
However, upping the frequency of email campaigns can have a detrimental effect, a bit like too many status updates on social media.
eCircle's survey found that another third plan to make no changes to the frequency of existing email campaigns which, says Simon Bowker, Managing Director of eCircle UK, "confirms that marketers recognize it is quality over quantity that matters, and they don't need to increase the frequency of their campaign in order to drive this high return".
In contrast to the experts' views on the value of email are those for other channels such as social and SEO. Social media was considered the fourth most important channel with 20% while SEO/SEM were viewed as 'very important' by 33%. Just 19% viewed display advertising as 'very important' and 16% cited affiliate marketing.
- Seniors unhappy with stereotypes used in advertising
- Top 3 SaaS myths debunked
- Traits independent retailers need to compete
- Report illustrates traditional vs. digital media consumption
- New tool to optimize, monitor content
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
Featured White Papers
- Top 12 Marketing Tips for the Holidays
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? Though the holidays might seem far away, leading retailers will start preparing for the...
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...