News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Email most valued festive marketing channel
When online marketing services supplier eCircle surveyed marketing industry experts as to which channel they thought increased consumer spending during the holiday season, almost all agreed that it was email.
Marketing industry experts from the UK, France and Germany were surveyed by eCircle and 93% agreed that email would be the channel to increase overall consumer spending this festive season.
Four in 10 believe that email marketing can increase holiday sales by 10% and a third plan to increase the frequency of their campaign during this time by 10%.
However, upping the frequency of email campaigns can have a detrimental effect, a bit like too many status updates on social media.
eCircle's survey found that another third plan to make no changes to the frequency of existing email campaigns which, says Simon Bowker, Managing Director of eCircle UK, "confirms that marketers recognize it is quality over quantity that matters, and they don't need to increase the frequency of their campaign in order to drive this high return".
In contrast to the experts' views on the value of email are those for other channels such as social and SEO. Social media was considered the fourth most important channel with 20% while SEO/SEM were viewed as 'very important' by 33%. Just 19% viewed display advertising as 'very important' and 16% cited affiliate marketing.
- Report: Half of online buys happen after an hour
- Expert: Why real time isn't fast enough
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...