News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Email most valued festive marketing channel
When online marketing services supplier eCircle surveyed marketing industry experts as to which channel they thought increased consumer spending during the holiday season, almost all agreed that it was email.
Marketing industry experts from the UK, France and Germany were surveyed by eCircle and 93% agreed that email would be the channel to increase overall consumer spending this festive season.
Four in 10 believe that email marketing can increase holiday sales by 10% and a third plan to increase the frequency of their campaign during this time by 10%.
However, upping the frequency of email campaigns can have a detrimental effect, a bit like too many status updates on social media.
eCircle's survey found that another third plan to make no changes to the frequency of existing email campaigns which, says Simon Bowker, Managing Director of eCircle UK, "confirms that marketers recognize it is quality over quantity that matters, and they don't need to increase the frequency of their campaign in order to drive this high return".
In contrast to the experts' views on the value of email are those for other channels such as social and SEO. Social media was considered the fourth most important channel with 20% while SEO/SEM were viewed as 'very important' by 33%. Just 19% viewed display advertising as 'very important' and 16% cited affiliate marketing.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...