News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Australian agencies and advertisers embrace affiliate marketing
Australian affiliate network, dgmAustralia, has released the findings of their latest benchmark survey which shows 3 out of 5 retailers have increased their affiliate marketing spend.
dgmAustralia's survey, which included brands such as Dell, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and Sony, revealed that Australian advertisers and media agencies are embracing affiliate marketing.
According to the executive summary, "Overall, the survey determined that there is an intention to increase spend on affiliate marketing as agencies and advertisers increase budgets or move to an uncapped 'always on' sales campaign."
Currently, Australia sits way below the U.S. and U.K. where 100% of the top 25 retailers use affiliate marketing, compared to just 4% in Australia.
Key findings from the survey, the first to analyze the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, include:
- 93% of agencies would recommend affiliate marketing;
- More agencies do not use affiliate marketers (26%) than direct advertisers (14%);
- Just 1 in 3 CEOs have a confident knowledge of affiliate marketing;
- While budget capping restricts ROI and sales 63% of agencies cap budgets as do 34% of clients;
- Finance and retail sectors are the highest users of affiliate marketing in Australia.
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...