News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Australian agencies and advertisers embrace affiliate marketing
Australian affiliate network, dgmAustralia, has released the findings of their latest benchmark survey which shows 3 out of 5 retailers have increased their affiliate marketing spend.
dgmAustralia's survey, which included brands such as Dell, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and Sony, revealed that Australian advertisers and media agencies are embracing affiliate marketing.
According to the executive summary, "Overall, the survey determined that there is an intention to increase spend on affiliate marketing as agencies and advertisers increase budgets or move to an uncapped 'always on' sales campaign."
Currently, Australia sits way below the U.S. and U.K. where 100% of the top 25 retailers use affiliate marketing, compared to just 4% in Australia.
Key findings from the survey, the first to analyze the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, include:
- 93% of agencies would recommend affiliate marketing;
- More agencies do not use affiliate marketers (26%) than direct advertisers (14%);
- Just 1 in 3 CEOs have a confident knowledge of affiliate marketing;
- While budget capping restricts ROI and sales 63% of agencies cap budgets as do 34% of clients;
- Finance and retail sectors are the highest users of affiliate marketing in Australia.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...