News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Australian agencies and advertisers embrace affiliate marketing
Australian affiliate network, dgmAustralia, has released the findings of their latest benchmark survey which shows 3 out of 5 retailers have increased their affiliate marketing spend.
dgmAustralia's survey, which included brands such as Dell, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and Sony, revealed that Australian advertisers and media agencies are embracing affiliate marketing.
According to the executive summary, "Overall, the survey determined that there is an intention to increase spend on affiliate marketing as agencies and advertisers increase budgets or move to an uncapped 'always on' sales campaign."
Currently, Australia sits way below the U.S. and U.K. where 100% of the top 25 retailers use affiliate marketing, compared to just 4% in Australia.
Key findings from the survey, the first to analyze the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, include:
- 93% of agencies would recommend affiliate marketing;
- More agencies do not use affiliate marketers (26%) than direct advertisers (14%);
- Just 1 in 3 CEOs have a confident knowledge of affiliate marketing;
- While budget capping restricts ROI and sales 63% of agencies cap budgets as do 34% of clients;
- Finance and retail sectors are the highest users of affiliate marketing in Australia.
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...