News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Australian agencies and advertisers embrace affiliate marketing
Australian affiliate network, dgmAustralia, has released the findings of their latest benchmark survey which shows 3 out of 5 retailers have increased their affiliate marketing spend.
dgmAustralia's survey, which included brands such as Dell, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and Sony, revealed that Australian advertisers and media agencies are embracing affiliate marketing.
According to the executive summary, "Overall, the survey determined that there is an intention to increase spend on affiliate marketing as agencies and advertisers increase budgets or move to an uncapped 'always on' sales campaign."
Currently, Australia sits way below the U.S. and U.K. where 100% of the top 25 retailers use affiliate marketing, compared to just 4% in Australia.
Key findings from the survey, the first to analyze the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, include:
- 93% of agencies would recommend affiliate marketing;
- More agencies do not use affiliate marketers (26%) than direct advertisers (14%);
- Just 1 in 3 CEOs have a confident knowledge of affiliate marketing;
- While budget capping restricts ROI and sales 63% of agencies cap budgets as do 34% of clients;
- Finance and retail sectors are the highest users of affiliate marketing in Australia.
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
- 90% of marketers not trained in marketing performance, ROI
- Mobile plays significant role in the shopping habits of Boomers and Seniors
- Brands: Why Facebook ads may not be a cure-all
- Studies: Web performance impacting experience, Responsive Design slowing mobile sites
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...