News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Australian agencies and advertisers embrace affiliate marketing
Australian affiliate network, dgmAustralia, has released the findings of their latest benchmark survey which shows 3 out of 5 retailers have increased their affiliate marketing spend.
dgmAustralia's survey, which included brands such as Dell, Expedia, Hilton Hotels and Sony, revealed that Australian advertisers and media agencies are embracing affiliate marketing.
According to the executive summary, "Overall, the survey determined that there is an intention to increase spend on affiliate marketing as agencies and advertisers increase budgets or move to an uncapped 'always on' sales campaign."
Currently, Australia sits way below the U.S. and U.K. where 100% of the top 25 retailers use affiliate marketing, compared to just 4% in Australia.
Key findings from the survey, the first to analyze the use of affiliate marketing by media agencies and advertisers in Australia, include:
- 93% of agencies would recommend affiliate marketing;
- More agencies do not use affiliate marketers (26%) than direct advertisers (14%);
- Just 1 in 3 CEOs have a confident knowledge of affiliate marketing;
- While budget capping restricts ROI and sales 63% of agencies cap budgets as do 34% of clients;
- Finance and retail sectors are the highest users of affiliate marketing in Australia.
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...