News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SundaySky: Online video consumption ahead of TV
Viewers around the globe are tuning in to online content - long-form video, short ad, product demonstrations and the like are gaining in popularity. Data from SundaySky shows online video consumption has surpassed television consumption. What does that mean for online video in the New Year?
According to comScore more than 180 million US adults watched 37 billion pieces of video content and almost 11 billion video ads in October (2012). Two big events helped push video into the consumer consciousness - the 2012 London Olympics (159 million video streams) and the 2012 Presidential Election ($78 million in video ads). According to a recent Forrester report advertisers will spend more than $9 billion on video ads by 2017.
Now, with more consumers adding tablets to their households, researchers believe video content consumption will continue to skyrocket; about half of table users already watch video content according to the National Association of Advertisers. According to SundaySky, 2013 will bring about C-Suite enhancements to improve the customer < experience with video.
The key, notes SundaySky, is to ensure the content created is engaging and that, when streamed to the consumer, is relevant to their interests. Their data shows that viewers spend more than double the time on 'personally relevant' video clips and that emails with 'personally relevant' video content have open rates between 40% and 60%.
According to SundaySky 2013 will bring two significant changes to the online space:
• First, the addition of video content as an added value in loyalty programs - they suggest loyalty/rewards programs will create more personalized features, including social data and transaction histories - and that some of the personalization will also be toward video
• Second, customer care strategies that will deliver personalized, video bills to customers. SundaySky notes that 7 in 10 US cable/telecom providers already employ the video billing service; they believe more businesses will jump on that trend.
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
- Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
- Top 3 tips to improve SMB security
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...