News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Smiling prospects convert more often
When it comes to targeting and engaging B2B prospects, a new report out from Mintigo suggests marketers should look for smiling profile pictures.
According to Mintigo's new DNA Spotlight, B2B prospects who are seen smiling in profile pictures are more likely to engage - and convert - when contacted by the business. Using their Customer Search Engine, researchers analyzed email click-thrus of campaigns aimed at promoting B2B marketers - they targeted those matching the 'ideal traits' of brands' buyers as well as their public profiles. What they found was that while 5% of all those contacted responded to the campaign, 20% of those found smiling in profile images responded.
"[Big] data from the web and social networks can reveal valuable indicators of the behavior of prospects. When individual attributes can show lift of 400 percent or more, the combination of multiple attributes is even more valuable," was written in the report. "Marketers need tools to look deep into the text, and even into images, to find those prospects who are most likely to respond and, ultimately, to convert. Sophisticated analytics of huge amounts of publicly available data can make the process of finding and nurturing leads much more efficient and ultimately profitable for the B2B market."
Going a little deeper, researchers looking specifically at prospects on the LinkedIn social network and found 63% of respondents were 'smilers'. LinkedIn users were also nearly 5 times as likely to respond to campaigns when they endorsed or recommended connections within the social network.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...