News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Smiling prospects convert more often
When it comes to targeting and engaging B2B prospects, a new report out from Mintigo suggests marketers should look for smiling profile pictures.
According to Mintigo's new DNA Spotlight, B2B prospects who are seen smiling in profile pictures are more likely to engage - and convert - when contacted by the business. Using their Customer Search Engine, researchers analyzed email click-thrus of campaigns aimed at promoting B2B marketers - they targeted those matching the 'ideal traits' of brands' buyers as well as their public profiles. What they found was that while 5% of all those contacted responded to the campaign, 20% of those found smiling in profile images responded.
"[Big] data from the web and social networks can reveal valuable indicators of the behavior of prospects. When individual attributes can show lift of 400 percent or more, the combination of multiple attributes is even more valuable," was written in the report. "Marketers need tools to look deep into the text, and even into images, to find those prospects who are most likely to respond and, ultimately, to convert. Sophisticated analytics of huge amounts of publicly available data can make the process of finding and nurturing leads much more efficient and ultimately profitable for the B2B market."
Going a little deeper, researchers looking specifically at prospects on the LinkedIn social network and found 63% of respondents were 'smilers'. LinkedIn users were also nearly 5 times as likely to respond to campaigns when they endorsed or recommended connections within the social network.
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...