News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Platform engages consumers at the tank
While a growing number of consumers are moving online to stay current with news or shop, those consumers aren't necessarily engaging with ads while in the online space. This demo is also largely unreachable through television or other 'traditional' methods. But, according to a new study, one network is engaging this group - while they're filling their gas tanks.
Referred to through the study as 'Ungettables', this demographic is described as drivers between the ages of 18 and 54 who are detached from traditional media. They drive at least 8,000 miles per year, live in the largest 25 cities in the US and refuel vehicles at least weekly. While they aren't engaging through television or online ads, this report, conducted by Equation Research on behalf of the Outcast network, finds they are engaging while filling up at the pump.
"We all know TV ratings are declining due to changing behaviors and media habits among core viewers who lead fast-paced, demanding lives," Chris Burke, VP of Research and Development, Equation Research. "This survey illustrates the daily habits of this coveted audience and presents a powerful opportunity for advertisers to connect with them at the pump."
Researchers found these consumer eat out more than average (67%), work out more than average (17%) and drive 17% more than average consumers.
"The commercial power of our 'at the pump' audience is real: these are agenda-setters who spend billions of dollars within hours of leaving the pump. We help advertisers break through the clutter and fragmentation they experience with other media channels, to reach this otherwise 'Ungettable' audience," said Outcast Co-founder Nathan Gill.
This demographic also:
• 56% more likely to purchase via smartphone
• Have at least 22 apps on their smartphones (58% more than average consumers)
• 37% more active on social networks than average
- Consumer satisfaction with mobile commerce falling
- YouTube wants agencies to learn from their top creators
- Search marketing taking back seat as proving ROI challenging
- Study: Video big influencer for some voters
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships underscore importance of connection
- Study: Digital driving calls to businesses
- Study: Email key for SMB trust
- Studies: Video views increasing
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...