News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Platform engages consumers at the tank
While a growing number of consumers are moving online to stay current with news or shop, those consumers aren't necessarily engaging with ads while in the online space. This demo is also largely unreachable through television or other 'traditional' methods. But, according to a new study, one network is engaging this group - while they're filling their gas tanks.
Referred to through the study as 'Ungettables', this demographic is described as drivers between the ages of 18 and 54 who are detached from traditional media. They drive at least 8,000 miles per year, live in the largest 25 cities in the US and refuel vehicles at least weekly. While they aren't engaging through television or online ads, this report, conducted by Equation Research on behalf of the Outcast network, finds they are engaging while filling up at the pump.
"We all know TV ratings are declining due to changing behaviors and media habits among core viewers who lead fast-paced, demanding lives," Chris Burke, VP of Research and Development, Equation Research. "This survey illustrates the daily habits of this coveted audience and presents a powerful opportunity for advertisers to connect with them at the pump."
Researchers found these consumer eat out more than average (67%), work out more than average (17%) and drive 17% more than average consumers.
"The commercial power of our 'at the pump' audience is real: these are agenda-setters who spend billions of dollars within hours of leaving the pump. We help advertisers break through the clutter and fragmentation they experience with other media channels, to reach this otherwise 'Ungettable' audience," said Outcast Co-founder Nathan Gill.
This demographic also:
• 56% more likely to purchase via smartphone
• Have at least 22 apps on their smartphones (58% more than average consumers)
• 37% more active on social networks than average
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...