News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
StrongMail makes 2013 ad predictions
While most of the consumer base is still finishing holiday shopping lists and baking sweets for holiday parties, most businesses have their focus on 2013 - adjusting advertising budgets, making plans for campaigns and looking at new advertising avenues. A new StrongMail report indicates how that focus may change 2013 advertising.
StrongMail recently surveyed more than 1,000 executives about marketing plans for 2013 and, unsurprisingly, email is leading the pack. Throughout 2012, retailers have shown an increased focus on email, sending between 10% and 15% more email messages to opt-in subscriber bases throughout the year according to some reports. Respondents to the StrongMail survey reported they'll increase email marketing spends (56%) while most (65%) plan to integrate social and email in the New Year.
As for the social space, most say they see the benefit to social, especially Facebook. Nearly half say they'll increase the social spend by investing in email programs that include social options.
And we can't forget mobile. 2012 has seen a dramatic uptick in smartphone and tablet ownership and brands are taking notice. Almost 66% of those surveyed say they'll increase spending on mobile apps (39%) and SMS alerts (21%) while about half say they'll integrate mobile with email.
Meanwhile, these integrations aren't seen as a quick fix. Nearly half of respondents say data integration will be their biggest challenge in 2013.
"45.6% cite data integration as primary email marketing challenge in 2013; 39.5% lack of resources/staff; 36% integration with other marketing channels; 34% content management," writes the company.
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
- Gigya: Facebook winning for logins
- Community Q&A: Do you need it? And how to use it
- Study: SMBs bride personal achievement over money
Featured White Papers
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...