News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
StrongMail makes 2013 ad predictions
While most of the consumer base is still finishing holiday shopping lists and baking sweets for holiday parties, most businesses have their focus on 2013 - adjusting advertising budgets, making plans for campaigns and looking at new advertising avenues. A new StrongMail report indicates how that focus may change 2013 advertising.
StrongMail recently surveyed more than 1,000 executives about marketing plans for 2013 and, unsurprisingly, email is leading the pack. Throughout 2012, retailers have shown an increased focus on email, sending between 10% and 15% more email messages to opt-in subscriber bases throughout the year according to some reports. Respondents to the StrongMail survey reported they'll increase email marketing spends (56%) while most (65%) plan to integrate social and email in the New Year.
As for the social space, most say they see the benefit to social, especially Facebook. Nearly half say they'll increase the social spend by investing in email programs that include social options.
And we can't forget mobile. 2012 has seen a dramatic uptick in smartphone and tablet ownership and brands are taking notice. Almost 66% of those surveyed say they'll increase spending on mobile apps (39%) and SMS alerts (21%) while about half say they'll integrate mobile with email.
Meanwhile, these integrations aren't seen as a quick fix. Nearly half of respondents say data integration will be their biggest challenge in 2013.
"45.6% cite data integration as primary email marketing challenge in 2013; 39.5% lack of resources/staff; 36% integration with other marketing channels; 34% content management," writes the company.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...