News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
StrongMail makes 2013 ad predictions
While most of the consumer base is still finishing holiday shopping lists and baking sweets for holiday parties, most businesses have their focus on 2013 - adjusting advertising budgets, making plans for campaigns and looking at new advertising avenues. A new StrongMail report indicates how that focus may change 2013 advertising.
StrongMail recently surveyed more than 1,000 executives about marketing plans for 2013 and, unsurprisingly, email is leading the pack. Throughout 2012, retailers have shown an increased focus on email, sending between 10% and 15% more email messages to opt-in subscriber bases throughout the year according to some reports. Respondents to the StrongMail survey reported they'll increase email marketing spends (56%) while most (65%) plan to integrate social and email in the New Year.
As for the social space, most say they see the benefit to social, especially Facebook. Nearly half say they'll increase the social spend by investing in email programs that include social options.
And we can't forget mobile. 2012 has seen a dramatic uptick in smartphone and tablet ownership and brands are taking notice. Almost 66% of those surveyed say they'll increase spending on mobile apps (39%) and SMS alerts (21%) while about half say they'll integrate mobile with email.
Meanwhile, these integrations aren't seen as a quick fix. Nearly half of respondents say data integration will be their biggest challenge in 2013.
"45.6% cite data integration as primary email marketing challenge in 2013; 39.5% lack of resources/staff; 36% integration with other marketing channels; 34% content management," writes the company.
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....