News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
StrongMail makes 2013 ad predictions
While most of the consumer base is still finishing holiday shopping lists and baking sweets for holiday parties, most businesses have their focus on 2013 - adjusting advertising budgets, making plans for campaigns and looking at new advertising avenues. A new StrongMail report indicates how that focus may change 2013 advertising.
StrongMail recently surveyed more than 1,000 executives about marketing plans for 2013 and, unsurprisingly, email is leading the pack. Throughout 2012, retailers have shown an increased focus on email, sending between 10% and 15% more email messages to opt-in subscriber bases throughout the year according to some reports. Respondents to the StrongMail survey reported they'll increase email marketing spends (56%) while most (65%) plan to integrate social and email in the New Year.
As for the social space, most say they see the benefit to social, especially Facebook. Nearly half say they'll increase the social spend by investing in email programs that include social options.
And we can't forget mobile. 2012 has seen a dramatic uptick in smartphone and tablet ownership and brands are taking notice. Almost 66% of those surveyed say they'll increase spending on mobile apps (39%) and SMS alerts (21%) while about half say they'll integrate mobile with email.
Meanwhile, these integrations aren't seen as a quick fix. Nearly half of respondents say data integration will be their biggest challenge in 2013.
"45.6% cite data integration as primary email marketing challenge in 2013; 39.5% lack of resources/staff; 36% integration with other marketing channels; 34% content management," writes the company.
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...