News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Source Metrics release offers power over social mentions
A new release out from Source Metrics is giving brands a different kind of control over social media. Called the Social Media Inbox, the release sends social media mentions to the brand and adds a priority mention, so that brands have a better handle on what is happening with their profile.
"Social marketers are finding traditional listening tools inadequate as they only offer high level business intelligence versus something they can use on a daily basis to determine what are the most actionable mentions from a marketing perspective," said Scott Lake, CEO and Founder, Source Metrics. "We give marketers information in real time which enable them to make the biggest impact on their public brand perception."
The Social Media Inbox allows brands to:
• Monitor social media mentions in real time
• Assess customer sentiment within the mention, for both brands and competitors
• Listen and respond to the customer
• Reach social media influencers
• Track social campaigns
Brands who not only Tweet and Facebook Update fans about new products but offer those social users content - new ways to use a product, new information about product accessories, deals and coupons - have a better chance at engaging those consumers. In some cases those customers will become brand advocates. The key is being able to monitor what is happening and then being able to react to customer complaints or compliments quickly.
By acting in real time, the Source Metrics tool gives brands that ability.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...