News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialVibe: Too many social media updates turn off consumers
Consumers on social media are sensitive to update overload from brands they have connected with, according to a survey sponsored by SocialVibe, which points to a need for brands to get the engagement balance right.
Brands on social media such as Facebook or Twitter have a thin line to tread. Too many, or too few, updates can have an adverse effect. A third of Internet users in the U.S. have cut social media ties with a brand because they were receiving too many updates, according to the survey sponsored by engagement ad firm SocialVibe.
Those surveyed by SocialVibe said they checked their social media updates regularly for brand updates and that excessive updates was by far the most common reason for de-friending a brand - above concerns about brand values or social content.
The benefits of forming social connections with consumers are wide-ranging. SocialVibe's survey also revealed that 70% of social media users have made a purchase as a result of being connected with a brand on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and even Pinterest. In fact, 61% said that the brands they first consider when shopping are those they are connected to on social media.
"Brands need to be mindful that connections can be both powerful and disruptive to the social experience," said Tiffany Leslie, director of marketing communications for SocialVibe. "They need to carefully determine the balance between driving loyalty and overwhelming their advocates."
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...