News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialVibe: Too many social media updates turn off consumers
Consumers on social media are sensitive to update overload from brands they have connected with, according to a survey sponsored by SocialVibe, which points to a need for brands to get the engagement balance right.
Brands on social media such as Facebook or Twitter have a thin line to tread. Too many, or too few, updates can have an adverse effect. A third of Internet users in the U.S. have cut social media ties with a brand because they were receiving too many updates, according to the survey sponsored by engagement ad firm SocialVibe.
Those surveyed by SocialVibe said they checked their social media updates regularly for brand updates and that excessive updates was by far the most common reason for de-friending a brand - above concerns about brand values or social content.
The benefits of forming social connections with consumers are wide-ranging. SocialVibe's survey also revealed that 70% of social media users have made a purchase as a result of being connected with a brand on the likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and even Pinterest. In fact, 61% said that the brands they first consider when shopping are those they are connected to on social media.
"Brands need to be mindful that connections can be both powerful and disruptive to the social experience," said Tiffany Leslie, director of marketing communications for SocialVibe. "They need to carefully determine the balance between driving loyalty and overwhelming their advocates."
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....